MMORPG with Campaign aspects

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default MMORPG with Campaign aspects

Hey everyone i'm again looking for another MMO

Currently playing Neverwinter alot. but that's about it.
    I played Rift, WoW, Flyff, FF XIV, Tera, Aion, Lineage 2 but didnt really like any of them enough to stick with em

I'm looking for a new MMORPG with a campaign aspect, like neverwinter,
    just a gigantic chain of quests and events that happen.

aka. alot of awesome quests (not like WoW or something) but a bit more interesting.

also. I dont care about graphics much as long as it isnt TOO old.
    also great PvE (instances and such) would be great!
    I'd also like it if the game is not P2W but still has nice pets, mounts etc.
    also open world if possible but not a must!
    I don't do PvP much as I have no idea where to start so that isnt really important.

thanks in advance!
    Last edited by sbxn14; 12-20-2013 at 11:39 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

You played the best games of the campaign-driven category already. Only games I see missing on your list are:
    Dungeons & Dragons Online - instanced, but awesome dungeon plots with narrator, better be played with a fixed group though
    The Secret World - awesome story and lore, very good single player PVE, a few multiplayer instances, it's B2P, no P2W at all!
    Allods Online - quite a bit like WoW, it has a P2P server that is not P2W at all, the F2P servers are a bit P2W

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    You played the best games of the campaign-driven category already. Only games I see missing on your list are:
    Dungeons & Dragons Online - instanced, but awesome dungeon plots with narrator, better be played with a fixed group though
    The Secret World - awesome story and lore, very good single player PVE, a few multiplayer instances, it's B2P, no P2W at all!
    Allods Online - quite a bit like WoW, it has a P2P server that is not P2W at all, the F2P servers are a bit P2W

isn't dungeons & Dragons online very p2w ish? as you have to buy almost every zone to play? etc

and allods. how much is the monthly fee? and how much is a bit p2w on the f2p?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

In DDO you mostly pay for content, that's not P2W. It's pay for add-ons. You can also pay monthly and unlock the whole game for the time you are paying. It's $10 a month.

Allods... according to my research on the European P2P server it's 9€ (so around $10 too) with possible discount down to 6€ per month. Otherwise you gotta research yourself. :-)

Allods F2P - There are quite some cash shop items that make you stronger. The more you pay, the stronger you are. If you don't have those items you can't even do PVE instances because nobody will invite you to groups. However, they added a possibility to buy cash shop items with ingame money. Of course it required a lot of grinding, but it's not impossible. In fact some of the top players didn't pay at all for the game they simply grinded 2000+ hours and got all the cash shop items from ingame money.

Keep in mind that unlike most MMORPGs, for Allods the P2P server is actually more popular.
    Last edited by Rya.Reisender; 12-20-2013 at 10:12 PM.

I'll try out DDO (ill need people to play with first tho as it looks boring to play alone)

and ill also try secret world when I get cash,

and allods f2p for now. if I like it i'll go to p2p

thanks for your help rya!!

I'll try out DDO (ill need people to play with first tho as it looks boring to play alone)

and ill also try secret world when I get cash,

and allods f2p for now. if I like it i'll go to p2p

thanks for your help rya!!