The Best Book Series (IMO)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Default The Best Book Series (IMO)

Raymond Feist's books have kept me entertained since my childhood. If you are a fan of fantasy books then you have to check out his work. Here's some info: http://www.crydee.com/

You can easily pick up the first book on Amazon or a local used book store for dirt cheap and I promise, once you start reading the series you won't want to stop until the end. He started this series back in 1982 and the last book in the series just came out not to long ago (if it's out already).

I've read all the way up to the first book in the last series and, as of right now, I'm re-reading the series. Has anyone else read any of his work? You will want to read them in order because some of the character appear throughout the entire series. Some character die of old age but some of the magicians (also one of the main characters) is still alive. This series has action, magic romance and is one of the best read's a sci-fi fantasy fan could ask for.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 294

my favourite series is the lord of the rings. i'm sure you've probably never heard of it.

I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Right now my favorite is the Temeraire series. The first book is called His Majesty's Dragon.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

1. Discworld
    2. Otherland
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 294

the Discworld series is brilliant, especially Night Watch :]

i also love the Witcher series of books. here's a copypasted paragraph or two i wrote to kitty about them:

"...you should check out the witcher books. they're not entirely translated into english yet, but you can find mobi or epub versions of The Last Wish, the Blood of Elves and The Time of Contempt *shifty eyes* you know, around. and there are *tilts head* mm, fairly good fan translations of the other books from polish into english. you can probably skip straight to Blood of Elves and then backtrack later, tbh.

anyways, the reason i think you'd like them is they're dark/sort of low fantasy with a postmodern touch. kind of like a way better shrek with lots of fvcking and swearing and emotion and racism and murder, i guess? also, in addition to the titular witcher, there's a second main character, his adopted daughter, sort of, Ciri, who comes of age over the stories, and is probably one of my favourite characters ever.

oh also you like cosplay right. here's someone cosplaying her and another character

"
    Last edited by postrook; 12-22-2013 at 02:53 AM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

It's damn hard to find a good fantasy book for an adult.
    Fantasy books are usually watered down for "young adults," neck deep in "romance," or just dull.

I was reading the Sword of Truth series but by book 5 it has become very painful.
    I just bought the Complete Conan Saga for Kindle for like $3. So far so good.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    It's damn hard to find a good fantasy book for an adult.
    Fantasy books are usually watered down for "young adults," neck deep in "romance," or just dull.

I was reading the Sword of Truth series but by book 5 it has become very painful.
    I just bought the Complete Conan Saga for Kindle for like $3. So far so good.
    The Feist series is aimed for Adults thankfully.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

The Undead Reputation: 447

It's Bacon!!! Reputation: 271

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    my favourite series is the lord of the rings. i'm sure you've probably never heard of it.

Lord of the Rings is the novel equivalent of Dragonball Z.

It's so stupid and meandering BUT GOD DAMMIT I NEED MORE.

Couldn't Take It No More
    So I Became Hardcore

Rock Man Reputation: 84

Sailor Moon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast