Goodbye Realm of Mad God, HELLO Magic Barrage.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Default Goodbye Realm of Mad God, HELLO Magic Barrage.

Title says it all. Magic Barrage is like Realm of the Mad God on steroids. SO much more loot options and character customization its crazy! Try out the game at http://magicbarrage.r2games.com/ .. Its awesome!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Not a bad game, too bad it uses the ugly generic asian mmorpg system

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 13

more like they took what realm of the mad god had and added cashshop to everything else

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 106

I've gotten to 31 in this game at the moment and I think it's actually pretty neat. It's a more long-term game than Realm of the Mad God so it has a very different feel; it's less hectic and it's more solo-friendly, but you also won't see all the content it has to offer in a single day. Basically, it's a nice alternative for anyone looking to have a long-term bullet hell mmorpg rather than one which you play in short bursts here and there like RotMG. It does seem like it needs more content (it starts running a bit thin in the 30's and the cap is 80), but it also just launched so that will probably get patched up as time goes on.

Otherwise, the only real downsides are that the UI is a complete mess (buttons and submenus absolutely everywhere) and it really throws the Cash Shop at you a lot (that being said, the Cash Shop doesn't seem particularly overpowered as the focus is mostly on things which make you progress faster; there are lots of 'costly' things around the $1 range like double exp and fatigue refills and tons of tiny things worth the equivalent of $0.02-$0.09 like 'lucky wheel' spins and inventory slot expansions).

In terms of fun, I'd say RotMG is the more enjoyable of the two, but I've still had plenty of fun with this game and it has the benefit of long-term appeal. I'd say it helps a lot to think of this more as an additional game in the sparse 'bullet hell mmorpg' genre rather than a RotMG clone because the two games approach the same formula in two very different ways.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26

RotMG plays and feels miles better. It also boasts perma death, which scratches an certain itch that MB does not. Nobody needs to "move over" as there is plenty of room for them to coexsist.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 12

this is realm of the mad god but more "orpgish" ?
    i can't try it now will later

at first it look fun but automatic atack and not many spells ... still trying it tho
    Last edited by Minti; 12-27-2013 at 12:32 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

It felt... Laggy. Not smooth. Maybe it's just me. RotMG played VERY smooth, but when I was walking through walls and stuff, and saw that the game systems were designed like a Chinese money-maker game, I decided to stop playing, because I did not want to be milked, and prefer RotMG.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 23

The biggest problem here is that it is published by Reality Squared games and they are basically the top browser based chinese MMORPG localization publisher. Everything is made to milk your wallet. No thanks.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 12

i'm 18 and didn't get any 15 spellbook for mage yet is that normal? where i loot one? i've looted one for warrior one for thief, archer...