so..what did you get for chirstmas/what you getting?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    Fiancee has to spend tomorrow with her family, so we celebrated early. She got me:
    Nexus 5, Audiotechnica ATH-IM70 (Japanese Import), Philips Fidelio L1, Quotable's Notebook, Kingston Backpack, Nintendo 3DS, Starbucks Mug gift-basket, Random Candies + Lots of Gum, & Deadpool Poster + Magnets.
    wow are you guys rich are someting?

The Undead Reputation: 447

money, beer, sex and jaffa cakes. and that's just christmas eve.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120

I got a 19" pink Hello Kitty TV a few weeks ago as one of my early presents from my parents. I use it as my computer monitor.

I also got a new printer one day early because my printer conveniently just pooped out and I needed it to print shipping labels. I'm actually really glad because it forced me to replace the old PoS that's been long overdue for an upgrade. The new one has so many functions for such a low price!

I told my parents all I wanted was the monitor, but of course, my mother insisted that she buy me the new printer and she also got me a few other things which I won't know what they are until I open them tomorrow.

I'll post pictures later. OuO

Let's take a moment to go back in time <insert sexy narcissistic music here (very likely a hot Korean male artist or boy band)>: When I was younger, my parents lavished my two brothers and I with a shit ton of gifts on Christmas, despite the late bills and debt. :/ I was that kid that could fill up at least half a page of paper listing every gift I received.

I have to admit, I loved the feeling of knowing there was a mysterious item in Christmas-themed wrapping paper that was for me, and it lasted a good hour or so because my family would cycle through each person one by one. I also enjoyed watching my family open their gifts and felt excited for them. Everyone was happy. It was happy! I do miss that feeling. Having less gifts means less of that feeling I felt. Less time my family is huddled on the couches, attentive to every person's opening moment, smiling, laughing, and staying. As my brothers got older (I'm the youngest), it meant the shorter they stayed on Christmas day. So yes, MY FAVORITE PART IS PRESENTS, OK! Like, free stuff.

Now that I'm older and more aware of the fact that my parents have a debt to overcome and that I don't deserve shit, I typically only ask for one semi-big gift or several small items. YES, it is always Hello Kitty-related! I'm so glad you knew that before I told you. It's like we've been besties all our lives! Ou~

I've tried to get away with "I don't want anything," but I would still end up with shit that I usually didn't want. Might as well get something I want!

/end flashback

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Fiancee has to spend tomorrow with her family, so we celebrated early. She got me:
    Nexus 5, Audiotechnica ATH-IM70 (Japanese Import), Philips Fidelio L1, Quotable's Notebook, Kingston Backpack, Nintendo 3DS, Starbucks Mug gift-basket, Random Candies + Lots of Gum, & Deadpool Poster + Magnets.
    What did you get her exactly...

I got like 100 dollars and BlazBlue Chronophantasma pre-ordered. Scratch that, I got 400 dollars and the preorder.
    Everyone said they're giving me something later. I don't want anything, I agree with Apoca I'm alittle spoiled now, despite my past.
    Feel like I gotta put more in to life before I get spoiled anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    What did you get her exactly...
    Engagement Ring, 3DS + Sonic & Zelda, Random Hello Kitty stuff, Fruit Infusers, Borosilicate Mug & Tea Pot, $100 worth of different Teas, V-Moda M80, $150 worth of Chanel Nail Polish, Two Jackets from Nordstrom, New Shoes, LG HBS-730 Tone+ headset, Ultra Make-Up set, Redkin Shampoo & Conditioner, Random stocking full of candy + Ferraro dark chocolate gift box. I think that's all but honestly I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    wow are you guys rich are someting?
    Not rich per say. We live below our means. We live in a shoddy building in what would be referred to as the Ghetto of Frederick, but it's nothing compared to Atlanta, and we pay less then 1K for all of our bills combined. We do this so that we can spend money on things that we want instead of spending more money on an apartment in the "nice" part of town and having to pay for Water/Heat/Parking Fees.
    Last edited by Phanein; 12-25-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

The Undead Reputation: 447

got all of the Warrior Chronicles books by Bernard Cornwell and a puck to sharpen my axe with.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Engagement Ring, 3DS + Sonic & Zelda, Random Hello Kitty stuff, Fruit Infusers, Borosilicate Mug & Tea Pot, $100 worth of different Teas, V-Moda M80, $150 worth of Chanel Nail Polish, Two Jackets from Nordstrom, New Shoes, LG HBS-730 Tone+ headset, Ultra Make-Up set, Redkin Shampoo & Conditioner, Random stocking full of candy + Ferraro dark chocolate gift box. I think that's all but honestly I don't remember.

Not rich per say. We live below our means. We live in a shoddy building in what would be referred to as the Ghetto of Frederick, but it's nothing compared to Atlanta, and we pay less then 1K for all of our bills combined. We do this so that we can spend money on things that we want instead of spending more money on an apartment in the "nice" part of town and having to pay for Water/Heat/Parking Fees.
    Congrats on the engagement.

On the second part that's some logical thinking I respect that type of thought process.

Edit: Had to cut half of my post because picture was acting up.
    Last edited by Heartyace; 12-25-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 233

Now I aint sayin' you a gold digga..

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I don't know. I haven't given out my phone and address to my relatives, so they have no way of informing me of any presents I got a nidalee skin and an amumu skin though.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

Nothing. I didn't know what I would like, and aparantly the phone I asked for will be given on my b-day this week. I got money instead.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast