View Poll Results: Witch is worth a download

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tera

23 63.89%
  • Aion

13 36.11%
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

If you want PvP, pick Aion, if you want PvE, pick Tera.
    Dunno if things changed much since I played these when they were P2P, but no matter what I'm fairly sure Tera PvP will still be trash.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 245

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    Tera has one of the largest playerbases among free mmorpgs.
    Really? Isn't there only a few servers? I was under the impression that Tera wasn't doing so well because Ktera only has 2 servers
    Relax and enjoy life

Rock Man Reputation: 2

stil funny that pll like point and clic pvp beter then none target lol

sorry but Tera have the best combat system becouse you need to learn how fight orthers
    learn to aim learn to dodge and so on its way more fun

Vindictus have show us how good battle can be ok it have some auto atack
    but stil you cant stand stil and get hit ore you must be a tanker and block the atacks

none target mmorpg gone be the new way and i hope more new mmopg gone be like that
    GW2 have good system to becouse you need to dodge and swap weapens to win a fight

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I'm currently playing TERA. Prefer it over AION
    Founder of Apex Multi-Gaming. Looking for passionate members and leaders. PM me for info TERA (Ascension Valley)|LoL NA|Marvel Heroes|WarFrame|LoL OCE| looking into more! Come help out http://apexmultigaming.enjin.com/

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 245

Since we are on the topic I should mention Aion is getting a new update. ''Steel Cavalry'' http://na.aiononline.com/steel-cavalry/
    Relax and enjoy life

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    If you want PvP, pick Aion, if you want PvE, pick Tera.
    Dunno if things changed much since I played these when they were P2P, but no matter what I'm fairly sure Tera PvP will still be trash.
    Pretty much this. I think TERA is pretty much the overall better game, but if you're a PvP nut, Aion gave me the best PvP experience at cap in any MMORPG besides maybe RO.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Hmm, I'd rate both equally, I voted for Aion because it had less votes. ;-)

Aion is more for PVP. It also has solid PVE and is very polished, but in the end it's your general MMORPG with nothing really special to it. Combat is actually pretty fast, but it's tab target.

Tera has action combat where you need to target yourself, but combat feels kinda slow compared to Aion. I think it's a matter of taste which combat system you like more, so probably would need to try both. Except for the action combat in an open world environment, I don't think Tera offers anything special either. Quests and stuff are just as generic and boring as in Aion.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

eu has 10 or so severs with high population

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by goawaybeavis View Post
    aion is a repulsive snorefest with only 1 redeeming feature - the character generator which allows you to make hideous disfigured mutants. tera is decent but still not very good and at this moment it's pretty much abandoned, you barely run into other people in most zones.

so your choice is between a sandwich with rotten meat and dogshit (aion) and a month-old pizza whose ingredients are basically petrified already (tera)

if i were you, i'd pick neither
    Both are 2 of the most highly populated free MMO's on the planet dude .. wtf are you smoking when you're playing to say that Tera is empty.It has even more people than Aion.

Rock Man Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabontat View Post
    Both are 2 of the most highly populated free MMO's on the planet dude .. wtf are you smoking when you're playing to say that Tera is empty.It has even more people than Aion.
    i say what i see. when i started playing tera this spring/summer it has a ton of people running around, whenever you were grinding some mobs there were at least 3-4 people running around close by grinding the same mobs. now i have to search for 10 minutes whenever i'm playing to find at least one person. some of the zones are completely abandoned, even the towns are empty.

of course the reason for this might be is that i'm playing on the pvp server, maybe the pve servers are more populated. but that's like saying maybe that pile of shit next to me will stop stinking if i strangle myself and lose consciousness. there's absolutely nothing to do in that game apart from PKing random people, unless of course you enjoy killing the same boring monsters over and over again, in which case a bucket of paint and a bit of wall should provide you with days of entertainment

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast