Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 109

Thread: TERA - ENMASSE - New upcoming class

  1. #1
    🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    10,292
    Rep Power
    25

    Default TERA - ENMASSE - New upcoming class

    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/a...from-the-shark



    Further into 2014, you can expect there to be a slew of new dungeons and raids that will challenge even the most decorated gladiators in TERA. And last but not least, I’m excited to reveal that we’ll be introducing a brand new class into the ranks with her own set of skills and weapons. There's not much I can say yet, but we're looking forward to the damage she'll wreak on some BAMs come springtime.

    I hope that you’re as excited about the new year as we are. 2013 was a great year of change for TERA and En Masse, and we’re confident we can deliver even better service to you, our community, in 2014. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Seya; 01-02-2014 at 11:25 AM.


  2. #2
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,494
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Hmm, i could wait for EU version to get this new class and check how the severs are doing, maybe i will play Tera again..

  3. #3
    🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    10,292
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Im re-downloading it now , they added new dungeons and raids . And i miss my mage ...


  4. #4
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 76
    Senseos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    876
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    this game need a better economic event system,it feels so cheap while doing that browser game quests in a non target game,some sandbox stuf would be nice

  5. #5
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Pretty sad that I couldn't play on the NA Server IP block.

  6. #6
    🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    10,292
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaryFall View Post
    Pretty sad that I couldn't play on the NA Server IP block.
    Well im from Europe and i can play it ...
    Unless they banned asia 0.0


  7. #7
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 132
    Viney1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,236
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It likely is just a precursor announcement for KR to release it, and the possibility that NA would come out with it some time in 2014. It probably wouldn't be any time soon though. Also, isn't EU on the same update schedule as NA? That would then mean that EU would get it around the same time as well.

    Lastly, they mentioned this new class as "her". I think I remembered hearing about a female only class that was super OP or some crap coming to TERA.. o.O
    Current Games:

    WoW
    No Man's Sky (PC)

    Waiting for:

    Chronicles of Elyria (PC)

  8. #8
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 31

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,620
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    It likely is just a precursor announcement for KR to release it, and the possibility that NA would come out with it some time in 2014. It probably wouldn't be any time soon though. Also, isn't EU on the same update schedule as NA? That would then mean that EU would get it around the same time as well.

    Lastly, they mentioned this new class as "her". I think I remembered hearing about a female only class that was super OP or some crap coming to TERA.. o.O
    Rumor states that it is an Elin class (or whatever the little girl is called).

  9. #9
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CALIFORNIA!!!!!
    Posts
    506
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Its an Elin only class called the "hero"
    .................its All Over............

  10. #10
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245
    Thetake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinddagger View Post
    Its an Elin only class called the "hero"
    Yep. I'm not sure the logic in that either... Elin's aren't even the most played race in the game. Castanic make up about 24% where as Elins make up about 18% of the player base. They should have atleast picked a race that has male and female versions..
    Relax and enjoy life


  11. #11
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 132
    Viney1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,236
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thetake View Post
    Yep. I'm not sure the logic in that either... Elin's aren't even the most played race in the game. Castanic make up about 24% where as Elins make up about 18% of the player base. They should have atleast picked a race that has male and female versions..
    The developers seem to be huge pedophiles.. 90% of their new costumes are Elin-only, and they have tons of Elin-only emotes, and now an Elin-only class.. lmao!
    Last edited by Viney1; 12-27-2013 at 03:34 AM.
    Current Games:

    WoW
    No Man's Sky (PC)

    Waiting for:

    Chronicles of Elyria (PC)

  12. #12
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 13
    Invalid Apostle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Posts
    634
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thetake View Post
    Yep. I'm not sure the logic in that either... Elin's aren't even the most played race in the game. Castanic make up about 24% where as Elins make up about 18% of the player base. They should have atleast picked a race that has male and female versions..
    I don't know about you, but I see Elin's eeeverywhere. They're def the majority race.

  13. #13
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129
    puudleduudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Post Apocalyptic Tokyo, USA
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Definately gonna jump back in, but I was already there for the new dungeons and stuff.

    I mainly stopped playing because life caught up and I didn't feel like grinding for more gear, but I ****ing love TERA and I personally think it just got better when it went F2P.
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆



  14. #14
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10
    Retto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Elin only class...

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    Holy crap, these people are pathetic. But really, that kind of pisses me off.

  15. #15
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129
    puudleduudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Post Apocalyptic Tokyo, USA
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    According to the devs, it was a matter of choosing what race to make the class for since it's a completely new class with new animations, making it for every race would take way too long (8 months each).

    So they chose Elin, which was wise imo. So many people play Elin or have an Elin alt. It's generally loved by everyone because it's either cute or, unfortunately, attractive to some. But like I said, GENERALLY.

    I like the Elin, though I didn't role one when I rejoined back when they made it F2P, but I plan on making my main an Elin once I start playing again. They're so cute, and as someone who likes vanity in MMOs, Elins are favored.

    The devs also said that this new class is sort of a test in the waters to adding classes to the game. If the class is loved by a lot of people, they'll put more time into making the class playable for other races and/or start working on making new classes.
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆



  16. #16
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10
    Retto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Translation:

    Let's make a quick buck off our pedophile audience.

    (Don't even start with Elins just being 'cute' and it's not just a sexual thing -- lol)

  17. #17
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245
    Thetake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invalid Apostle View Post
    I don't know about you, but I see Elin's eeeverywhere. They're def the majority race.
    There was actual numbers released by the devs. Castanaic had more at 24% compared to Elin at 18%
    Relax and enjoy life


  18. #18
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10
    Retto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I don't know about races created, but if you log in to TERA and into the cities, etc. you'll see at least 90% Elins nowadays. They're the only ones left playing.

  19. #19
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52
    Heartyace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    Translation:

    Let's make a quick buck off our pedophile audience.

    (Don't even start with Elins just being 'cute' and it's not just a sexual thing -- lol)
    You're losing your shit over something really stupid
    No one loses their shit over B&S releasing a whole new variation of Blame master for Lyn or summoner. Lyn is a loli by definition and pedophiles will likely play them. Perhaps Elin was easiest to remake or they looked at global chat and were amused. Either way it's new gameplay and your losing your shit because it's a race. You need to take relax, chill in the lounge with duby, and be glad this game isn't made with only one race and they put work into making game as they could have reused animations, saving time and money.
    Last edited by Heartyace; 12-27-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

  20. #20
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10
    Retto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I'm relaxed. Not losing my shit. They made it for Elin because it's the most popular race and they want to get it out quickly. That's why costumes are Elin only. It just sucks that I won't get to try out that class. Because I have no interest in using an Elin.

  21. #21
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,107
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    I'm relaxed. Not losing my shit. They made it for Elin because it's the most popular race and they want to get it out quickly. That's why costumes are Elin only. It just sucks that I won't get to try out that class. Because I have no interest in using an Elin.
    There's nothing stopping you from trying out the class, you're choosing not to. It's a character model; grow up, geez. Playing a game as a kid character (which the Elin aren't even btw) isn't a big deal, you're just making out to be.

    And people can admire male young characters and be pedos too btw.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  22. #22
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10
    Retto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    It's not "kid characters" that I don't like. For example even the Lyn in B&S with a few somewhat revealing outfits aren't so bad. Elins are designed specifically for sex appeal from character model, gear design, to SFX, etc. and that's why I think they're gross.

    Anyway, off the subject of Elins: a race+gender restricted class is pretty terrible regardless, it would still be dumb if it was any other race. It's just an added insult that they chose Elin.
    Last edited by Retto; 12-27-2013 at 04:20 PM.

  23. #23
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,107
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    It's not "kid characters" that I don't like. For example even the Lyn in B&S with a few somewhat revealing outfits aren't so bad. Elins are designed specifically for sex appeal from character model, gear design, to SFX, etc. and that's why I think they're gross.

    Anyway, off the subject of Elins: a race+gender restricted class is pretty terrible regardless, it would still be dumb if it was any other race. It's just an added insult that they chose Elin.
    Either play the class or don't, but you complaining about it just is sounding weird. Most of us don't see Elin as sex symbols Retto. Think it might just be you.

    Any actual information on the class?
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  24. #24
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 22
    invadertim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,836
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I myself think its stupid, i personally would never roll a female char out of the fact females usually don't look as cool in armor compared to male chars.

    ill have to pass on this


    R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

    1971-1996

    "I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

    Tupac Shakur

  25. #25
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 76
    Senseos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    876
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by invadertim View Post
    I myself think its stupid, i personally would never roll a female char out of the fact females usually don't look as cool in armor compared to male chars.

    ill have to pass on this
    theres fashion and costumes,armor generally sucks in Tera

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •