Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 109

Thread: TERA - ENMASSE - New upcoming class

  1. #26
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 22
    invadertim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,836
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Senseos View Post
    theres fashion and costumes,armor generally sucks in Tera
    ya i know all the armor in that game sucks, but im not that much into female chars sence i myself am not a female I've never found myself interested in making female chars in any game.

    I like my armor being bulky and huge on my char


    also thats why i hate gender lock so much becuase of that, some classes are forced to be female so regardless if its my favorite class or not i wouldnt play it, just because its a female


    R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

    1971-1996

    "I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

    Tupac Shakur

  2. #27
    🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    10,292
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Is there a video of the class from the korean version ? Been searching for 30 min could't find any .


  3. #28
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by invadertim View Post
    ya i know all the armor in that game sucks, but im not that much into female chars sence i myself am not a female I've never found myself interested in making female chars in any game.

    I like my armor being bulky and huge on my char


    also thats why i hate gender lock so much becuase of that, some classes are forced to be female so regardless if its my favorite class or not i wouldnt play it, just because its a female
    so masculine macho alpha male 1720 irl

  4. #29
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,494
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by invadertim View Post
    ya i know all the armor in that game sucks, but im not that much into female chars sence i myself am not a female I've never found myself interested in making female chars in any game.

    I like my armor being bulky and huge on my char


    also thats why i hate gender lock so much becuase of that, some classes are forced to be female so regardless if its my favorite class or not i wouldnt play it, just because its a female
    Someone must really dislike females eh?

    Most of times i play the gender that fits the class most or will help/be a better pick over the other gender.

  5. #30
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,107
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    Is there a video of the class from the korean version ? Been searching for 30 min could't find any .
    Doesn't seem like it, but I'm curious to know when it'll come out. Kinda sounding like it is going to be some kind of tank though.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  6. #31
    🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    10,292
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Since its a korean game youd think they would be the first to show the class already >.<

    Also if you guys wanna join the hate train about an elin only class continue it here if you want

    http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...wn-hill?page=1


  7. #32
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CALIFORNIA!!!!!
    Posts
    506
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Eh, theres always been haters on the elins, but theyre censored in NA because americans dont like "sexualized" little kid models in their games, it was a marketing decision. But there still in the game so no point in complaining, tera already has so many classes for each race there's like 8, but as of late the optimization is taking a hit, i have a gtx 660 and intel 950 i7 but can only muster 20 fps in the new battleground
    .................its All Over............

  8. #33
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129
    puudleduudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Post Apocalyptic Tokyo, USA
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinddagger View Post
    Eh, theres always been haters on the elins, but theyre censored in NA because americans dont like "sexualized" little kid models in their games, it was a marketing decision. But there still in the game so no point in complaining, tera already has so many classes for each race there's like 8, but as of late the optimization is taking a hit, i have a gtx 660 and intel 950 i7 but can only muster 20 fps in the new battleground
    Yeah. They really need to work on that optimization.
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆



  9. #34
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129
    puudleduudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Post Apocalyptic Tokyo, USA
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    Translation:

    Let's make a quick buck off our pedophile audience.

    (Don't even start with Elins just being 'cute' and it's not just a sexual thing -- lol)
    I'm a homosexual male. I don't find women attractive at all. I think the Elin are cute, but yes, I do see where they are sexualized. I'll even agree that they are made to be sexualized with a sugar coating of "omg so kawaii".

    I'm just saying, personally, I would play an Elin because I find them cute.


    Let's also all agree that every race except the Popori and Human males are unrealistically sexualized.
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆



  10. #35
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 22
    invadertim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,836
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puudleduudle View Post
    I'm a homosexual male. I don't find women attractive at all. I think the Elin are cute, but yes, I do see where they are sexualized. I'll even agree that they are made to be sexualized with a sugar coating of "omg so kawaii".


    Let's also all agree that every race except the Popori and Human males are unrealistically sexualized.

    It goes into the fact it looks like a little kid lol...and also that they make it look like a complete tramp in the korean version. I dont wanna play or see a 10 year old girl running around with some kinda lingerie on.

    Pedos all im saying


    R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

    1971-1996

    "I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

    Tupac Shakur

  11. #36
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129
    puudleduudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Post Apocalyptic Tokyo, USA
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by invadertim View Post
    It goes into the fact it looks like a little kid lol...and also that they make it look like a complete tramp in the korean version. I dont wanna play or see a 10 year old girl running around with some kinda lingerie on.

    Pedos all im saying
    Yeah, I know.
    I was just arguing the fact that they were saying everyone who pays Elins are pedos and look at them sexually.

    Lots of people play them because they find them cute. I wouldn't have found them cute in the KR version because they were wearing G-strings and shit, but in NA version I do.

    Maybe I'm also extremely numbed out to over sexualization of everything in the media, which helps me look past the Elins.
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆



  12. #37
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 29
    Technikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,512
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    All my chars are Elin and im pretty sure im not a pedo lol.

    I think they are cute and I like their animations and costumes..They are the tera master race after all and usually get the best updates.

    They also have extra reach so whats not to like.

  13. #38
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245
    Thetake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by invadertim View Post
    I myself think its stupid, i personally would never roll a female char out of the fact females usually don't look as cool in armor compared to male chars.

    ill have to pass on this
    I'm the same way. I rarely play female characters. All my favorite super heroes are males. All my favorite video game characters are male. So naturally, my in game character will be male..
    Relax and enjoy life


  14. #39
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10
    artojas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hengelo, Netherlands
    Posts
    524
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Imho all europeans are pedos because of manneken pis by default, so i dont see the big deal \o/ All the american troubles

  15. #40
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thetake View Post
    I'm the same way. I rarely play female characters. All my favorite super heroes are males. All my favorite video game characters are male. So naturally, my in game character will be male..
    true,
    i definately wont choose a female as a melee char
    just ... wont.

  16. #41
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,494
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow.kane View Post
    true,
    i definately wont choose a female as a melee char
    just ... wont.
    How about a ranged then? Will you choose that one as a female?

  17. #42
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 125

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In my little box.
    Posts
    2,926
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    im guess im odd i almost if not always play a female toon

    if i had my way there would be a genderless option

  18. #43
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10
    artojas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hengelo, Netherlands
    Posts
    524
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    im guess im odd i almost if not always play a female toon

    if i had my way there would be a genderless option
    clearly looking at muscular man's buttocks for countless hours is the way to go if you want to feel like a real heterosexual beast.

  19. #44
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    How is one "genderless" if I may ask ? You have to be either one to be human or an animal for that matter.You're a plant maybe ?

  20. #45
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 31

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,620
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    The thing that made me dislike Tera was the whole "overcompensation" size for the weapons. Everything was oversized in my opinion and that distanced myself from ever being immersed. If you are a lancer you always have to have a big ass shield and lance. If you are a zerker you always have to have a sword that is like 3x the size of your character. I just wanted normal sized weaponry on something other than the warrior.

  21. #46
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52
    Heartyace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsuarikado View Post
    The thing that made me dislike Tera was the whole "overcompensation" size for the weapons. Everything was oversized in my opinion and that distanced myself from ever being immersed. If you are a lancer you always have to have a big ass shield and lance. If you are a zerker you always have to have a sword that is like 3x the size of your character. I just wanted normal sized weaponry on something other than the warrior.
    That was one of the best things about the game, because the classes actually looked like they were wielding something heavy. With the exception of my warrior, when my character swung a sword she flew.I hate games that have games with too many realistic values in a fantasy world. When I see a spell called ice storm I don't wanna see a few icicles being a throw, I wanna see a blizzard. Lances aren't even supposed to be small nor are claymores. All in all I hate how boring realistic graphics are, if you advertise a game as fantasy make it so that it is. Wildstar developers said it as well, as much as people say they what more realistic graphic. People seem to appeal to fantasy styled graphics.

    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    im guess im odd i almost if not always play a female toon

    if i had my way there would be a genderless option
    Nope, not odd at all. I rarely make a male character. I hate how they set up a persona that every fighter is a giant that lives and breathes the gym. which is why games like Blade and Soul, I make a male character(Regardless of them female bods*Drools*)
    Last edited by Heartyace; 12-30-2013 at 05:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

  22. #47
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 29
    Technikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,512
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    im guess im odd i almost if not always play a female toon

    if i had my way there would be a genderless option
    For me it depends on the game seeing in some games girl characters just look better and get all the nice costumes.

    I play a mix of both and it hardly matters anyway.

  23. #48
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 13
    Invalid Apostle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Posts
    634
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    http://tera.hangame.com/event/updatePart6.nhn

    New class has a "God of War"-esque playstyle.

  24. #49
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 29
    Technikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,512
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invalid Apostle View Post
    http://tera.hangame.com/event/updatePart6.nhn

    New class has a "God of War"-esque playstyle.
    That class looks pretty damn epic I must say and I like the costume she is wearing.

    Guess I will be returning to tera after all when it comes out

  25. #50
    🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    10,292
    Rep Power
    25

    Default



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •