charity gaming

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 844

Default charity gaming

So yeah, I see people doing 24 hour marathons for charity. I'd like to do one when infamous or another big title releases for ps4. I would like the charity to be the aspca. How do people arrange and organize this? What steps do I need to take? Anyone know if there is a specific site that helps facilitate the organization of this?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

I don't think anything special needs to be done. Just have your streaming equipment ready and tested, set up as many ways possible to donate and just advertise yourself (reddit - /r/gaming, /r/Games and probably some more I don't know, maybe 4chan (kinda risky though iykwim) and so on).

EDIT: I mean, this year especially, pretty much everyone and their mom is streaming something for charity. I think you really need to organize and plan things if you are on the level of yogscast or something where it's something more than just a stream, but with a ton of giveaways, chat interaction and so on.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 12-26-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks for the info. I don't plan on having a crazy turn out, but these sad animal commercials have gotten to me and if I can get some cute animals some halp by staying awake for 24 hours and playing a vidjea game I will.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 195

Try to find sponsors that would pay you a certain amount of money for every hour you play. Get a donate method going on and tag the shit out of your marathon so more people will find it.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 69

You are not an established streamer so I wouldn't expect much.

Post about it on your blog. Plug on facebook/twitter. If you have a YouTube channel maybe make an advertisement.
    Make a legitimate post about it here and on any other forums your are active on.

Actually describe what you'll be doing and what the charity does.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 82

You should also try playing games that are the most popular on Twitch to optimize viewership, like League of Legends. Also, maybe try getting in contact with a popular streamer and pitching the idea of plugging your Twitch URL on his stream for extra exposure or perhaps even a collaboration. I wouldn't be surprised if some popular streamers would be up for the idea.

Good ideas all...I'll think about all of this :]