When you play a mmorpg, do you usually have people to play with that you know?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default When you play a mmorpg, do you usually have people to play with that you know?

I sort of didn't know that one of my friends play SC II.

That I find out one of my friends plays the game and I was pretty thrill. I find online games to be pretty boring if I don't have someone IRL to play with.

What about you?

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 382

Non of my real life friends are pc gamers. So nope. But having friends does make the game better.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 92

Not really mmorpg, but we sometimes get a group of 15 people and play on a minecraft server or something like that.

and drink. a lot.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

I really can't get into an MMO if nobody I know plays it.

I need somebody to compete with/show off to.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 134

Now that I think about it, I only really cycle through three mmo's if I'm playing any- MapleStory, Survival Project, and Audition. I only go back to MS if I have a friend ready to play with me, but for SP, I'm always playing on my own. I don't know anyone irl/online who's heard of it. Audition's more of a guilty pleasure so I play that on my own as well.

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 46

My wife is the only person I know in RL who plays Entropia Universe with me.
    At any given time though there are over 100 people online from my ingame friend list. (more aquiantances than friends)
    Of those 100+ I would call 15-30 friends.
    Of those 30 'friends' either me or my wife keep in daily contact with 20+ either through skype of phone or text.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

I don't play any, and when I did my friends were really awful about picking one and sticking with it. They'd get super hyped and play it like crazy for a week and then quit for 12 months.

Thats how I met you fine folks here...some of you played Maple Story with me for a long time (when nobody else would haha).

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

Join one of the thousand online gaming community i recommend joining one which is not Too big ... with moderate amount of players and which plays many different games and return to older games when they want to i did so like year ago and never regretted even once ... we play P2P , B2P ... card and etc games even F2P ... all the new games and we test betas and such being in an gaming community is awesome...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 82

The only MMORPG I've ever consistently played was WoW and I played with a group of friends and my brother. I tried to play a year ago on my own, but I didn't even last a month. So yes, I def only play MMORPGs with people I know.