Trying to find myself

Hybrid View

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 21

Default Trying to find myself

Like most people in this world im having a hard time with my life right now .. I'll break it down for those who care if you want to skip to the point skip my next paragraph.

i am 22 now .. I use to do a lot of music back when i was 14 all the way up to last year. Just don't have the passion i once use to have for it as well as the buzz i had when i was younger faded when work and bills got in the way of my studio time.
    i never went to college after highschool i been working full time since then in the retail world mostly tmobile at&t and now sprint. Im tired of retail & just want to find a career or a new path. Reason i havent gone to college is because i am helping my mom and brothers pay our new house morgage.. Its our first house we grew up living in the projects and decided to take a leap of faith. If i decide to go to school i will have no good income ..

I have been working for sprint for a few months but i am thinking about leaving sprint so i can start a one year IT program that will pay me about $300 every two weeks and will get me in an internship 6months in .. Program is called Year Up but they do not guarantee a job at the end of this program. But if i do get a job it would be a nice 9-5 mon-fri something stable and more of a career then sprint i assume.. Not sure what to do

i have also recently became interested im developing as well as photography .. But one of my buddies who is a developer said it would be too tough for me to start now ..

As for the photography i just wanted to know if ppl actually made money by selling photos to companys that make post cards ect?

Just looking for opinions and guidance

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by DneL View Post
    I have been working for sprint for a few months but i am thinking about leaving sprint so i can start a one year IT program that will pay me about $300 every two weeks and will get me in an internship 6months in .. Program is called Year Up but they do not guarantee a job at the end of this program. But if i do get a job it would be a nice 9-5 mon-fri something stable and more of a career then sprint i assume..
    $600 a month sounds good to me. Plus you need an education for SO MANY things in this society. Just sayin... Then again I dunno since I never tried having a career :P

Quote Originally Posted by DneL View Post
    But one of my buddies who is a developer said it would be too tough for me to start now ..
    Bro. You're the one who decides what makes life meaningful. You don't even have to look for meaning. I mean meaning is meant to be found but some people don't pursue the same fulfilment as others and there will always be basic needs.

Life's not fair. GL HF

You could make cards with music that plays when you open dem. Like take a photo of a waterfall and then when you open it the battery plays the sound of a waterfall, with your music? Idk. Too much work.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

what field of IT are you hoping to try to get into?

edit: also, i'm glad that my family don't actually need me. i am the biggest fvck-up.
    Last edited by postrook; 12-28-2013 at 04:00 AM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

You only live one life, do what you feel is right and enjoy it. That's the best advice I can give.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

Well i am 21 at the moment ... i got an apartment , car and a 1.5k euro job in summer i can make up to 1.9k... i do what i want really but there is not much things i want to do so ... i would just suggest TRY everything we are Young ... its the time when we still have time to try everything and change and shuffle between what we like or might like or such

I consider doing sports , going snowboarding , mountain biking and such an awesome thing to do so i just stick with those ... i have considered college a few times but IDK ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!