PC STUFF IDK ;c

Hybrid View

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Default PC STUFF IDK ;c

OK. So I have a computer again, yay. I haven't had one for a very long time and now I do. However, now I feel like an old person trying to figure out a cell phone. "U kids still call these here apps widgets?"

Srsly though. Got win7...what kinda tweaks do you guys suggest? I'd really like something that pops up a notification when I have a new email. Also maybe a weather widget. Also, I had something that allowed me to right click > resize image once upon a time, I really liked that.

And whatever other stuff I can't think of. Does windows 7 have a rotating wallpaper feature? I seemed to think it did. Where do I put my wallpapers? I'm gonna go spend 8 hours on wallbase and do it to it.

ALSO - Chrome extensions besides adblock. ALSO keyboard and mouse suggestions - not something that is like $100...I don't game, but I'd like something solid and reliable and comfortable. Wired/wireless, whichever. Wired preferred because **** batteries.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Grab a cheap keyboard and mouse from walmart, should cost you just under $20 for both. For years I would just use cheap walmart stuff and it did me good. Sure, the more expensive stuff is better (usually), but the cheap stuff works perfectly fine. I would suggest getting Steam, as it has a lot of retro games you might like. Also, do you mind sharing your computers specs (Just interested in what you got)? RAM, Graphics card, processor, etc...
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

I have a cheap mouse, but it FEELS cheap, ya know? I think it was only $8...I wouldn't mind spending a little more for something slightly heavier/quality. I most definitely need a keyboard...most of these keys don't work, and its pretty gross to look at lol.

As for specs, its my dads old PC from 2006 or so...I posted in the tech section if you'd like to reply about specific stuff over there. Looking to put a few hundred in and make it a little better. I'm not looking to do a ton of gaming on it (just stuff I've missed out on due to exclusivity). Steam is definitely on my list of stuff to get.

http://www.onrpg.com/boards/threads/...14#post2983414

IDK anything about specs and stuff. I just know this thing was the SHIT back in the day haha...but PCs age really fast.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

i found the screen somewhere in control panel where it lets you choose between performance and looks and i chose pretty much all the performance options. doesn't look pretty but i don't care.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

I get a new mouse every 6-8 months for 3$-6$ and that's because I played mobas every single day and either one or the other of the buttons on the mouse just give in and decide to die. Otherwise they would last much longer. I don't see any reason to buy those expensive things.

I would switch Aero theme off personally.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 12-29-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 181

For customization you could try Rainmeter.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Also, I had something that allowed me to right click > resize image once upon a time, I really liked that.
    Ctrl + Mousewheel

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Got win7...what kinda tweaks do you guys suggest?
    My think my OS tweaks are slightly shady...
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

For a cheap, quality mouse I suggest E-3LUE Cobra.
    I have had mine for over a year. Works really well.

If you have over 4g RAM don't bother switching Aero Themes off unless you just dislike the look.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 585

I use my mid lvl mouse for over 6 years now... the only reason I ever think of upgrading is specs/performance.

Stay frosty.