OnRPG Forum Dying?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 649
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    do this mean we gotta repopulate the earth if so how?
    No. .

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Could've sworn I saw this thread last year...
    I swear this forum was more popular this year then last.
    Last year it was a ghost town at certain times of day, the only time I remember that this was big.
    Was when GW2 came out and err one lost their shits. Other then that was pretty mellow around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

I think most people have out grown mmo? Not in bad way, just a lot don't have the time any more. With work/family/hobbies taking up most of the free time. MMO's need ALOT of time to actually get anywhere.
    For me it's like 'shall I spent a few minutes trying out a mmo or load up skyrim' Same goes for Onrpg, no point visting a MMO forum when you hardly play MMO's anymore

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Compared to how it was years ago, yeah this forum is dead. A big part of it is because:

- People are playing a specific game and communicate in game, chat servers or other venues.
    - Most people are experienced now and MMOs have gotten a lot simpler (I can't remember the last time I've actually had to plan out/write a skill/stat build or leveling guide) so there's no real reason to talk about MMOs unless you are critiquing.
    - Most people don't really like to get into discussions anymore because it really just turns into arguments over stupid stuff. Even I've kinda gotten tired of it.
    - We don't even attempt to make "official" OnRPG guilds anymore because despite everyone being exceptional leaders that run the own guilds their way, none of us can seem to find a way to work together.
    - This isn't the only or even one of the best places to gather information on games anymore. And it used to be.
    - The amount of games, and good ones at that, have significantly declined in number.

Sure, some people simply lost interest in MMOs or are too busy to play, but a large number of people aren't and that shouldn't be a reason why newer members are coming in far less than they were before.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    Smash Bros 3DS NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 375

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    I think most people have out grown mmo? Not in bad way, just a lot don't have the time any more. With work/family/hobbies taking up most of the free time. MMO's need ALOT of time to actually get anywhere.
    For me it's like 'shall I spent a few minutes trying out a mmo or load up skyrim' Same goes for Onrpg, no point visting a MMO forum when you hardly play MMO's anymore
    World of Warcraft set a standard that is way too high to beat. All of the other MMORPGs are pretty weak in comparison. There has been some potential games but they all fall short ultimately...

Most of the people have turned to these MOBAs which don't not attract me at all.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

In my opinion, it all comes down to change. With youtube, twitch etc in the market gamers are looking for an easier way to view/read articles and I just believe it's time for Onrpg to do a revamp. A revamp would not only bring back older members, if their still gaming, and make it easier for new members to view content. I've got a few idea's I'm going to suggest but, keep in mind, it all the resources have to be available budget wise. The way I envision a revamp is a cleaner homepage (with video reviews viewable via a slide) a place to see current Onrpg streamers and possibly even connected blogs. Of course, it's easy to say this but it all comes down to resources available and funds.

Edit: Does anyone else have any ideas that could increase traffic? I'm sure suggestions are always welcome.
    Last edited by Pwarp; 12-30-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

General Manager Reputation: 353

Technical issues starting in October and not getting addressed until now hurt us pretty badly. Lack of interest in the site owner to reinvest in the product is also hurting. We basically run the site on 30% of the total profits which after paying James and my salary plus the writing staff, doesn't leave us very much to work with. And typically has me tying up a large portion of my time in ad optimization than actual content creation just to continue breaking even.

Oh and there is the total lack of quality in MMORPGs released over the past two years. That's definitely not helping.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

It's a sign you're a bad person if somebody else acted like you, you would hate them. - Swagger Pope

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    Technical issues starting in October and not getting addressed until now hurt us pretty badly. Lack of interest in the site owner to reinvest in the product is also hurting. We basically run the site on 30% of the total profits which after paying James and my salary plus the writing staff, doesn't leave us very much to work with. And typically has me tying up a large portion of my time in ad optimization than actual content creation just to continue breaking even.

Oh and there is the total lack of quality in MMORPGs released over the past two years. That's definitely not helping.
    I agree. The Market has been pretty bad the past few years. I've got a few more ideas in mind that might help out with little money spent but it all depends on what's available. I'm working out a draft of what I have in mind, I'll email it to you when it's ready.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

People who want to min/max go on reddit now. I don't really enjoy that a whole lot, because now it's pretty much about filling in the blanks in the "generic" spreadsheet for each game.

I used to use this site mainly to find new games to play. Now I mainly play single-player because I can't be bothered to put up with all the uninterested, pushy, unfriendly, arrogant, impatient, unemphatic people in games. I'd prefer real people to robots, but as long as 90% just want you to behave like a robot, it's no fun.

Stay frosty.

Moderator Reputation: 27

The MMORPG model needs to be reinvented, the whole grind/raid/pvp model has been effectively perfected by WoW, but now the industry has to stop looking to imitate it with minor modifcations but come up with something else altogether.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast