What MMO has the best housing system?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default What MMO has the best housing system?

What game has the best housing system? Why? I'm looking for some new ones. It seems most games don't have housing. :P Please don't suggest 2D.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 41

Minecraft ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    Minecraft ._.
    That's barely an mmo. And I think you know what I meant by mmo.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 76

Aion eq 2 ?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by AlinaKitti View Post
    What game has the best housing system? Why? I'm looking for some new ones. It seems most games don't have housing. :P Please don't suggest 2D.
    You just said it: Most games do not have housing, not even new ones really. AION has housing but it's mostly for decoration and a few buffs. I don't think FFXIV implemented housing yet but it might be what you're looking for when it comes out, since it'll be tied into the crafting system and I believe have a number of useful functions. Other than that, it's mostly older games that have Housing, such as RIFT, LotR, EQ, and SWG.

And why not 2D? The MMO with the best housing system IMO happened to be Glitch, and that was a 2D browser based game. The amount of features + usefulness of housing in that game was incredible. If that were still around, I'd definitely suggest you try it out.
    Last edited by Kashis; 01-01-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Ultima online?

or wait for shroud of the avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    You just said it: Most games do not have housing, not even new ones really. AION has housing but it's mostly for decoration and a few buffs. I don't think FFXIV implemented housing yet but it might be what you're looking for when it comes out, since it'll be tied into the crafting system and I believe have a number of useful functions. Other than that, it's mostly older games that have Housing, such as RIFT, LotR, EQ, and SWG.

And why not 2D? The MMO with the best housing system IMO happened to be Glitch, and that was a 2D browser based game. The amount of features + usefulness of housing in that game was incredible. If that were still around, I'd definitely suggest you try it out.
    If you were actually curious, it is because I value the graphics a lot when choosing between games. I think it's a big part of an mmo. We all have our preferences but one of mine is playing a 3D game. While some 2D might be good games with moderate graphics, most I know are simpler and not as good.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

If 3d is a must i would highly suggest shroud of the avatar once that comes out then. that game will have an awesome community too

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by AlinaKitti View Post
    If you were actually curious, it is because I value the graphics a lot when choosing between games. I think it's a big part of an mmo. We all have our preferences but one of mine is playing a 3D game. While some 2D might be good games with moderate graphics, most I know are simpler and not as good.

Basically your choices right now are one of the older ones, wait for FFXIV to implement housing or EQ Next since housing is more of a social aspect and most MMOS are about the PVP. Most of the graphically impressive 3D mmos out right now are incredibly simplistic and are not worth playing just for housing even if they did have them. Wurm Online is 3D but does not have the high end graphics you are looking for. It might still be worth checking out though if you are looking for something complex. Other than that it's mostly 2D that has all the good housing.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Wurm Online has a nice housing system, because you get to design/build the house as you like. Decorating is decent, but honestly you're stuck with a few choices when it comes to that. You can dye almost anything, tho.

Dragon's Prophet has my current favorite housing system. There's a decent amount of homes and furniture to choose from, and there's a lot of freedom. For example, I have friends who have created homes that consist of floating platforms. Here's a video of what I did with my house for Halloween:

Other than that, the only game with housing that I actually like in SWG, and you can currently only play that via emulator servers, as the official servers were shut down a while ago.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast