Cloning HDD to SSD or just reinstall?

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Default Cloning HDD to SSD or just reinstall?

Is it really better to just Reinstall fresh Window to a SSD rather than using the clone method?

I just cloned my HDD to my SSD and everything went fine without any hiccups.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    Is it really better to just Reinstall fresh Window to a SSD rather than using the clone method?
    What's the difference? Saves you some time but if you have keyloggers those go away too if you're reinstalling from scrap. I think cloning would be a lot faster too because SATAs copy faster than CDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    I just cloned my HDD to my SSD and everything went fine without any hiccups.
    Great! Once you've booted from the SSD you can reformat the HDD and store your videos on it.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    What's the difference? Saves you some time but if you have keyloggers those go away too if you're reinstalling from scrap. I think cloning would be a lot faster too because SATAs copy faster than CDs?

Great! Once you've booted from the SSD you can reformat the HDD and store your videos on it.
    So if I format my HDD and use it as a storage, can I still boot from the HDD later on?

Like if I take out my SDD and use my HDD as my main drive again. Is the O.S still going to be in there?

Moderator of Mayhem Reputation: 572

Format during each new install. Only clone with images you made after you're done setting up your PC (eg. stuff like installing chrome, word, etc).
    I also would not clone from a HDD due to it having so much crap on it that isn't healthy for an SSD.

You still can booth from both as long you have an OS on it. If you wiped your HDD after getting your SSD up and running, no you can not boot from it again. At least not until the point you install windows on it.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is