guild wars 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Default guild wars 2

Been bored lately with mmorpgs as i am completly bored of ff14 ARR and been at end game WOW for awhile now and was wondering about buying this game..anyone out there who plays this is its worth spending money to play as i found it for 30 online as a digital download. btw never played guild wars 1 either.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Yes, Imo it's the best mmo available right now. I also have ffxiv and have played everything. I can honestly say gw2 has it all. If your into pvp that's a huge plus too seeing as not only the pve in the game is good but the pvp is also the best avail. Let me know if you wanna play, I'm on jade quarry server, I'd be more than willing to help you out!

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

alright im gonna think about it ill let you know

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 35

how do threads like this exact one pop up almost every day? use the damn search function and you will find 10+ threads asking if it's worth it to get GW2 or if GW2 is better then some other MMO.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 15

Guild Wars 2 is decent if you don't care about the social aspects of MMOs. It's very hard to find people to team up with as the game rewards players for just grinding through the dynamic events without stopping. It's one of the most anti-social MMOs I've played in my 15+ years of MMO gaming. When the game first came out there were a ton of people and it was still extremely anti social. People would be running along side each other fighting monsters and completing tasks, but never ever speaking to each other.

I'd say find some friends you can play with, otherwise it just gets boring playing by yourself all the time. It might be because of one of those MMO gamers who has been playing for such a long time and can't get much joy out of these newer MMOs that like to focus on solo gameplay, but I just thought I'd give you another perspective on the game. As for a game to recommend, I'd honestly say TERA. It's not the best MMO. not even close, but the combat is fun enough to hold your attention for at least a month or two so soloing isn't that bad. The game is also more social that GW2. Heck all MMOs are more social than GW2.
    Playing:
    Second Life - Skyrim - Waiting for a decent MMO

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 70

Get into a guild. That will solve a lot of problem for newcomers.

Many MMOs suffer from players not actually chatting in the field. By the time you finish typing, the other players already sprint off, killing other monsters, not seeing what's in the chatlog until a few mins after. Fastest way to establish interaction is to jump up and down next to someone else. True Story. Then, a quick 'Hi' will do. Follow by a few more jumps and hope the other guy replies. Then you're good to start chitchatting.

GW2 actually has the most satisfying combat. (and very frustrating sometimes too, when you try to strafe sideways and move forward at the same time, while also using your skill combo to the other players running around you and killing you)
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    http://pyrzern.deviantart.com/ - My Art Gallery
    ---
    The latest shit I've completed !!

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 16

GW2 is a really great game. I got into it a few months ago when my girlfriend wanted me to give it a shot, and I was hooked. I think have around 800 hours in three months. That's something like ten hours per day (yeah, sometimes I completely no life it since I work online and set my own schedule). I'd recommend the game to anyone looking for a fun MMO. The only downside for a lot of people is that they feel there's a lack of end-game content. Which is somewhat true, but only if you don't set goals for yourself. If you expect to be told what to do at end-game, you'll quit fairly soon after.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is decent if you don't care about the social aspects of MMOs. It's very hard to find people to team up with as the game rewards players for just grinding through the dynamic events without stopping. It's one of the most anti-social MMOs I've played in my 15+ years of MMO gaming. When the game first came out there were a ton of people and it was still extremely anti social. People would be running along side each other fighting monsters and completing tasks, but never ever speaking to each other.
    This is no different then any other MMO, GW2 is as anti-social as you choose it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    This is no different then any other MMO, GW2 is as anti-social as you choose it to be.
    Pretty much this. Plus, map chat is usually quite active in the more populated areas.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 236

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Pretty much this. Plus, map chat is usually quite active in the more populated areas.
    ye with idiotic talks ...

The game is really casual ... time comes when you do nothing more but dailies every day and spend your whole time in L.A sitting around ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast