guild wars 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Without the Dynamic Event System (Which GW2 didn't start Officially. PSO2 had it before Guild Wars 2. If you take into account the old GW Update that planned to enable Dynamic Events, then yeah, sure, Guild Wars had it first.) Guild Wars 2's only redeeming features that make it different are the art style, plant character playable race, Culling (Which is just plain silly), Weapon-based skills rather than skill trees and total world forced level scaling. Even FFXIV doesn't have that, instead FFXIV makes you scale for dynamic events and dungeons rather than out in the open world.

Perfect World even has underwater battles :V So that's not a redeeming feature sadly. (Lime Odyssey as well if it ever releases.) Underwater battles in GW2 though are a huge learning curve, since these other MMORPGs just use the same skills from the on-land battles. I'll admit, the underwater battles of GW2 are the reason I don't like GW2 (and forced level scaling everywhere.)
    Last edited by coldReactive; 01-03-2014 at 02:49 AM.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 92

Lol I remember grinding that lvl 20 group quest where you had to kill a bunch of thieves/banditos and maxing 3 chars. I was just like, why grind mobs when I can just do this. : D

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Klaime View Post
    Lol I remember grinding that lvl 20 group quest where you had to kill a bunch of thieves/banditos and maxing 3 chars. I was just like, why grind mobs when I can just do this. : D
    I remember grinding the dynamic area event in the Norn area to the north on the ice lake. With the chest at the end. They nerfed the respawn time though I believe, making it longer to wait for. I used that to level up and get good gear (Since end of event chests scale with your character, not the level of the event.)

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

You can literally get to level 80 in the human starting zone and never even have to leave. A lot of the the other zones are practically dead though, of course besides the other races' starting zones. I liked exploring everything, but after that it was just meh. Gave pvp a shot. I prefer the standard team deathmatch, deathmatch, and all that. Didn't care for World vs World, seemed like a big zerg-fest. It's a good game don't get me wrong, but I just can't stick with it long.
    I also HATE that there is not a wider variety of weapon skills. I always looked forward to getting new skills in games, but this game stole that from me and gave me the same 4 skills with my preferred weapon combination. When I saw that and started playing I was a bit bummed, not gonna lie.
    Last edited by Mxerdude; 01-03-2014 at 04:12 AM.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Mxerdude View Post
    You can literally get to level 80 in the human starting zone and never even have to leave. A lot of the the other zones are practically dead though, of course besides the other races' starting zones. I liked exploring everything, but after that it was just meh. Gave pvp a shot. I prefer the standard team deathmatch, deathmatch, and all that. Didn't care for World vs World, seemed like a big zerg-fest. It's a good game don't get me wrong, but I just can't stick with it long.
    I also HATE that there is not a wider variety of weapon skills. I always looked forward to getting new skills in games, but this game stole that from me and gave me the same 4 skills with my preferred weapon combination. When I saw that and started playing I was a bit bummed, not gonna lie.
    they said they are working on adding more weapon combinations to classes and more utility skills. they are wanting to do an overhaul in the near future. no date or anything but this year most likely.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    they said they are working on adding more weapon combinations to classes and more utility skills. they are wanting to do an overhaul in the near future. no date or anything but this year most likely.
    i hope they do it because ... Gw1 skill system kicks ass...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 27

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Without the Dynamic Event System (Which GW2 didn't start Officially. PSO2 had it before Guild Wars 2. If you take into account the old GW Update that planned to enable Dynamic Events, then yeah, sure, Guild Wars had it first.) Guild Wars 2's only redeeming features that make it different are the art style, plant character playable race, Culling (Which is just plain silly), Weapon-based skills rather than skill trees and total world forced level scaling. Even FFXIV doesn't have that, instead FFXIV makes you scale for dynamic events and dungeons rather than out in the open world.

Perfect World even has underwater battles :V So that's not a redeeming feature sadly. (Lime Odyssey as well if it ever releases.) Underwater battles in GW2 though are a huge learning curve, since these other MMORPGs just use the same skills from the on-land battles. I'll admit, the underwater battles of GW2 are the reason I don't like GW2 (and forced level scaling everywhere.)
    ohh no Warhammer Online had it first

Playing Final Fantasy XI
    Server:Asura
    IGN:Rubedo

Originally Posted by Zilo View Post
    Blind monk was made into Udyr - if blindmonk comes out for real *I doubt he will* I Will buy people $10 worth of riotpoint cards hell even quote me / sig
    me

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    i hope they do it because ... Gw1 skill system kicks ass...
    GW1 had a superior skill system compared to most MMOs. i had played GW1 since it's beta after a while i starting using really weird builds that actually worked. one of the biggest let downs of GW2 for me was that they didn't use the skill system from GW1.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    GW1 had a superior skill system compared to most MMOs. i had played GW1 since it's beta after a while i starting using really weird builds that actually worked. one of the biggest let downs of GW2 for me was that they didn't use the skill system from GW1.
    i think that was the biggest let down for everyone ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123