Just bought a wii u

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 66

I'm not sure why but every time I go into GameStop and look at Wii games, they try to push Xenoblade Chronicles on me. It's like $70, used!
    I am guessing it's the best game ever made?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 292

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    I'm not sure why but every time I go into GameStop and look at Wii games, they try to push Xenoblade Chronicles on me. It's like $70, used!
    It's a 9/10 in my book. Without spoiling anything, it does a lot of things right from the tutorials, battle system, menus and navigation, side quests, achievements, solid story, length, music, visuals, NPC interaction, challenge, exploration, pacing etc. If you are an RPG fan and have a Wii or Wii U, pick it up.

And the thing is, this game wasn't even meant to be a serious project: it was basically a prototype for something better which is X, a Wii U exclusive.

"Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Banned Reputation: 208

70 dollars for a game? oO

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 349

I really want Monster Hunter on PS4... ;_;

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 842

It was a Gamestop exclusive release for the Wii, produced in very limited quantities. It was going for upwards of like $120 on ebay, something like $90 for just the disc. Gamestop caught on to this, and started charging like $90 for a used copy. It was really nuts, if you saw one in stock and wanted it and called the store, it was already gone...regardless of how quickly you got on it. A few months goes by, and suddenly there is a HUGE restock of Xenoblade. Like, I'm talking you wouldn't see ANY copies on the shelf, and suddenly every gamestop has at least one copy - often multiple copies.

Of course people grabbed them, and then everyone realized how suspicious it was...upon further inspection, the newly acquired "used copies" of this "limited release" were in the new Wii cases (Wii cases used to be solid like DVD's, and later [after the first print of xenoblade] they started using cases with bits chopped out to cut down on plastic used)...everyone started freaking out and accusing gamestop of quietly doing a second print of the games and passing them off as the original limited edition release...same thing happened with the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...used_for_usd90

Blah blah blah, a lot of speculation later, nobody really seems to know whats up...but we all know, ya know? As a collector I'm super disgusted with it and won't even buy it now that I have the chance. That shit is so sketch and immoral.

tl;dr - it was a rare limited release game, and gamestop made "counterfeit" copies to cash in on collectors.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 235

i will never understand collecting, but i do like looking at pics of yr collections. win/win.

my own games are mostly digital at this point because i only have a little shelf space, and i use it mostly for books and films.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Heh, its mainly the adrenaline rush of finding something really sweet for really cheap. My most recent find was like $4 worth of PS1 games which are currently retailing for over $70 for all 4. Now that my collection is building up, I'm coming across a lot of doubles...can't wait for this years retro game con, I'm gonna set up a booth with all my findings :]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 292

Quote Originally Posted by Avarance View Post
    I really want Monster Hunter on PS4... ;_;
    Popularity is a big reason why you probably won't see it though. MH isn't a particularly big seller and I think it was more popular on portable than console. I'm all for it but I just kinda doubt it. They've been sticking to their money makers recently which are SF and RE for the most part. They are however making a game called deep down that seems to have elements from MH in it so there's hope. And it looks pretty interesting.

"Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

I'll take the serial number and club nintendo pin from the insert if you're not using it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234