Zombie Battle: DayZ vs Infestation Survivor Stories

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

Default Zombie Battle: DayZ vs Infestation Survivor Stories

So, now that I have played both of the zombie survival sandbox games I thought I would share a little on my experiences.

Day Z(Stand Alone)
    Price: $30
    Version: Pre-Alpha
    Graphics: 3/5; Near Realism. A optimization issues and glitches lower it from what would be a 4/5.
    Control: 2/5; Sluggish controls and lots of redundant key binds can make controlling the character a bit annoying.
    Customization: 4/5; Basic character customization is... basic but greatly augmented by in game items.
    Community: 3/5; Bandit/Friendly Ratio is pretty even. "Friendly" players are likely to help if possible.

Other:
    The game is looking very good for where it is and has TONS on potential but it is a pre-alpha version. Most aspects of the game are glitchy in some way. The game also tries to be a little too realistic. Meaning things like navigation and finding supplies can be a pain. Also the majority of the map is a forest void that offers nothing but hours of walking.

Infestation: Survivor Stories
    Price: $15
    Version: Release
    Graphics: 2/5; Graphics are moderate but the engine is poorly optimized requiring much more power than expected.
    Controls: 3/5; Controls are designed to be more run and gun than DayZ but are responsive and fairly efficient.
    Customization: 2/5; Basic character customization is limited and cash shop restricted. In game items add little variety.
    Community: 1/5; The vast majority of the community is made up of bandits. They are likely to KOS. Non-hostiles will try to avoid or shoot you preemptively in defense.

Other:
    The game has been released and is still actively being updated. The developers are not that skilled or trustworthy so those updates can be iffy when they are released. The map is much smaller but much better utilized, meaning fewer areas void of activity. The game doesn't focus on realism, so things tend to be a bit easier. Also, multiple character slots are nice.

-Final-
    Day Z: PASS*
    I really like the $30 price tag for two reasons. It supports the developers and keeps hackers to a minimum. But the quality just isn't there yet... In the future yes but right now I can't recommend buying this(and neither can the devs) unless you just want to support the development process.

Infestation: BUY*
    The $15 prices and frequent sales that bring the game down to $4 on occasion are a double edged sword. Sure you can get the game cheap, but so can the tons of hackers that infest Infestation. That combined with the encouraged cash shop make $15 a little high in my opinion. But I do recommend buying this game... when it's on sale.

-

Visit my new site www.lootfarmer.com for my live stream, blog, and game deals!
    Last edited by FarmerM; 01-03-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

nice compare SIKE

dayz is apha you moron you cant compare lol
    Albion Online

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

Im just trying to figure out why you would compare a full release to a pre alpha.....You could have given a closer review if you would have done the DayZ mod compared to Infestation....

With that said i would prob support the alpha over the full release on the simple fact that their not done with dev. I've played both and paid in full for both, but the only one i still play would be dayz....Infestation is just the same game with a different name... Once they add something new then i might think about re downloading it.
    Last edited by vaaron; 01-03-2014 at 02:03 AM.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

I'm not entirely sure how this is a review... Hammer Point is so incredibly sketchy that they had to completely change the name of their piece of garbage cash-grab of a game. Are you aware that Infestation: Survivor Stories was WarZ, which was probably the biggest scandal of its year? Not to mention they're STILL doing the same thing as they did back when it was WarZ, banning people randomly so they have to buy the game again.

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Infestation is War Z renamed. No matter what the OP says, do NOT buy that game. It's terrible. Just Google "The War Z" and you'll see how terribly managed/developed it is.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 92

Both games are shit. The end.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Klaime View Post
    Both games are shit. The end.
    Well this was slightly uncalled for...Its just not your style of game...I don't agree with the OP, but i think this was rude..

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Count me in on saying DO NOT SUPPORT THAT FILTH KNOWN AS HAMMERPOINT INTERACTIVE. They are possibly the worst game company, nay, worst company in general that I've ever come by in my entire life. They are the scum of scum. To this very day, WarZ still doesn't have most of the features it claimed it had when it was being pushed as a scam on Steam. If not for the fact that they started perma-ip banning people asking for refunds, I would have asked for one. WarZ is the largest piece of shit you'll ever play in the modern gaming scene and placing that along the fact that Hammerpoint is the largest piece of shit company, even if the game is a dollar on sale, do not buy it. You might as well be funding the slaughter of innocent baby kittens while you're at it.

EDIT: While I'm at it, I might as well note that the community is the worst I've ever seen as well. I'd rather play with a bunch of hardcore fadora wearing /b/ros than that garbage. Do not kid yourself, the renamed WarZ has SURVIVAL in the name, but the only thing you'll be surviving is the insta-KOS from everyone else just going around playing the game like a death match. The zombies might as well not even be in the game. It's just a cluster fk of players with the best weapons in the game, hunting noobies and telling them to kill themselves irl. If you don't manage to find a rifle the MOMENT YOU SPAWN (not possible), consider yourself dead.
    Last edited by Jin-Roh; 01-03-2014 at 04:45 AM.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

Infestation: Survivor Stories? you mean War Z that DayZ clone that was literally created in an instant to try and cash in and milk the market simply because a free mod became incredibly popular, not to mention all the failed promises and that it is War Inc. copy pasted with zombies and a larger/more open map to attempt cash in on a audience.

Not to even being mentioning the copy pasting of the League of legends EULA and other shady ass shit this company has done.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

So is DayZ the new minecraft? a lot of fanboys? Yea, don't recommend The WarZ. Terrible game.

Atleast you bought back discussion to Onrpg FarmerM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast