Girl Gamer's PC Build - Need Input

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Why not spend a little more money (I think like $4-$5) and get a R7 260X. It's the equivalent or slightly better than the 7790.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 384

Honestly if you're going to be solely gaming.

I'd recommend the core I3 4430. It has hyper threading, and in gaming benchmarks It actually plays on the same level as higher end Intel chips. So no bottleneck.

Also it uses significantly less power than that AMD cpu.

Memory, Here is a great deal on the G.SKILL Trident 8GB (2 x 4G 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=20-231-621

G skill is renown for producing high quality memory for reasonable prices.

With that you just saved 40$ off your current chips, you can put that towards a better gpu.

Which I will recommend the R9 270x.

As for your psw. You'll want to use the evga 500B. It's 50$ and will power your pc. The reason that psw has so many reviews is because it's the alotted amount for every psu in that line.

Price doesn't always affect quality. Because my Ocz 550W in my old rig has been running almost 24/7 hooked up to a i7 920/gtx 470 and it's been running without a hiccup for 3 years now.. that psu was only 55$.

You will always roll the dice when it comes to ordering pc parts online. Sometimes you just get a bad one, but there's thousands of people placing orders everyday, maybe only a handful of them will actually take the time to leave a review.. you can't always believe what you hear.
    Last edited by TreyTrey12; 01-13-2014 at 02:39 AM.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120

I already bought everything. I'm just waiting on the MoBo, HDD, case, and windows 7 to arrive. Also, I spent $130 on the CPU, not $160.

Trey, that RAM suggestion is 8 GB less than the RAM I purchased, which I also got like $20 off of the full price. I basically bought everything during sales and used coupons.

Thanks for the help. I'll prob post pictures when I build it.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

Why the hell did you cheapen out on components?

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120

I don't think $700 is that cheap for what I need it for. I don't play extremely intensive games. I don't need an overkill PC.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I paid $700 for mine two years ago and I was playing Elder Scrolls Online on high settings yesterday with a good framerate.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    Why the hell did you cheapen out on components?
    Ham, which components are you referring to? She got one of AMD's best Processors. She went with Bunz' PSU. She got more ram than she needed, and a decent MB that even I'm using in my fiancee's amazon build. The only thing that may be subpar in this build is the GPU. For a budget of $700 this is pretty much what I'm building my fiancee but I'm using a R7 260X and 6300 instead. (and a better case, hdd, cpu cooler, fans, etc)
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123