If ghosts are real, is God too?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

I would have made a large reply about the religious aspects your brought up, but Kashis already pointed out what I wanted to say. That being that most religions don't support the claims of mediums and the likes that bring said religions into the mix. Furthermore, what if the afterlife is actually another dimension to which souls transcend our own reality and accumulate into new beings that we call ghosts? These ghosts being able to slip through dimensions on rare occasions and interacting with the world around us. Maybe they themselves are not the humans they look like, rather they take said form due to interactions with human memories that allow them to take form to begin with. Maybe they themselves are not human. Hell, maybe we make ghosts and the actions of ghosts with our own minds with some form of mental power that we have yet to discover. Really, the possibilities are endless and most of them do not need god(s) and the afterlife to be real.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 842

I don't believe in heaven or God by the conventional means, but I do believe we are all part of a higher consciousness. Our time spent in our meat puppets is temporary. We are all one, and everything is one. I don't necessarily believe that we ascend into some next level shit when we die, but we become the earth itself, thus realigning us with the cosmic ebb and flow of the universe. We all came from stardust, we will all return to stardust. It is beautiful on a level that no standard religion can offer me. I look into the stars at night, and despite not knowing anything about anything, I feel welcome and at home - not lost. :]

REGULAR SHOW FUNKO POP SET! ALL OF 'EM. CONTEST SOON. Updated 4/23 (long overdue, take a peek doods!)

Banned Reputation: 208

We all believe in different things. I my self believe in god. Aslo in demons as i have seen them. I know it sounds crazy. Ive seen them in the form of visions. They hunt me just about every night. Ive seen hell in visions and it is a bad place. But from what i have seen its fire there like the bible but i have seen other stuff as well. I feel the dead it seems. Because when i am alone i can feel this energy around me. Most of the time it is negative energy. Ive seen things while being awake that i cannot explain. Ive seen beings with black wings hovering over my bed. Im sure its the angel of death but not sure. I here things call out to me a lot but i cannot always make out to what they are saying. But yes there is a god. But there is a ton of beliefs out there. So which is right and which is wrong. Ive always been tought to believe in Jesus. But there could well be more then one spirit realm. Who knows. Only true way we will know is when we take our last breath. My self i will believe in god and learn my faith. But will not force it upon no one. Its for you choose to believe are not.

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Not that I'm disagreeing with you. Whatever makes you feel alright dude...but what you just described is schizophrenia.

REGULAR SHOW FUNKO POP SET! ALL OF 'EM. CONTEST SOON. Updated 4/23 (long overdue, take a peek doods!)

Banned Reputation: 208

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Not that I'm disagreeing with you. Whatever makes you feel alright dude...but what you just described is schizophrenia.
    i have been diagnosed schizophrenia many years ago. but i know what i feel man.

You feel an extreme chemical imbalance causing hallucinations and delusions. If believing in God helps you deal with all of that, more power to you dude. Perhaps that is what God is meant to be - the thing that comforts us.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 235

if the christian god exists he either doesn't give a fvck or is malicious. stay far away from me.

the supernatural is a different matter. i've never experienced any of it, but i don't think it doesn't exist, i guess. maybe it's just alien and people will never be able to truly understand it, if it exists.

or maybe none of it exists and this is all, there is no meaning. that would honestly make the most sense.
    Last edited by postrook; 01-05-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Game Journalist Reputation: 346

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    You feel an extreme chemical imbalance causing hallucinations and delusions. If believing in God helps you deal with all of that, more power to you dude. Perhaps that is what God is meant to be - the thing that comforts us.
    You need to change your name to Oisterbuddha.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[1/25]----------(New Post! ArcheAge!)[3/7]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 114

Well, OP, now you've got to ask the question: Which God (or Gods/Goddesses) are the real God (or Gods/Goddesses)? Once you start believing that it might be true where does it end and where does it begin?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Reading Phenoca's response to this statement made me realize that it's definitely possible humans haven't discovered every element and obviously the technology to discover such an element. Or whatever ghosts are, we have yet to discover explainable methods or the technology. As strange as it may seem, but this seems more far-fetched to me than the possibility of afterlife. Then again, the world is flat!
    Oh come on - that is so cliché. Sure - go ahead and define God as some substance which we have no means of interacting with. Now you've just gone and defined God as nonexistent.

You do know that matter particles and energy all obey the laws of Physics? But looking at a gopher hole and thinking "I do not know who created this hole - maybe God lives inside!!" gets tiresome after the 100th iteration. But good luck. If you redefine God as a small furry mammal who lives inside gopher holes, then you may just get lucky! Likewise, if you redefine God as an undiscovered substance unknown to science, then you might just find a new particle or wave function, and start worshipping it.

As for discovering new elements - all elements are atoms, which are pretty well defined, and I think we have completely understood the most important parts about the hydrogen atom. Now if you have a Hadron Collider and want to smash atoms apart looking for smaller particles, then those are called elementary particles. It's ignorant that you'd confuse atoms with particles. A primary school kid could tell you that elements are atoms. If you want to learn about atoms go read about it. How many chemical engineers do you think go "ooh this element is talking to me!" and become religious after having conversations with their test tubes? None. We have discovered every ****ing element you ******. If it's not there in nature it can be synthesized or modelled. Oh and guess what? Atoms have a ****ing MASS. They can be interacted with. Implying that there's an undiscovered element which has never been detected yet which everyone becomes when they die and therefore God-exists is DUMB because elements are ATOMS and atoms are UNDERSTOOD. You are the only one who doesn't know what the **** an atom is. If you wanted to sound mysterious you have to say elementary particle.

Oh - and dark matter? WHY THE **** DO YOU THINK I MENTIONED WE HAVE ****ING NEUTRINO DETECTORS.
    We can detect dark matter you ******.

I said the world is flat to parody ignorant Dunning-Krugers.

And before you say anything else - if it's on Wikipedia then that implies it's already detectable.

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    if the christian god exists he either doesn't give a fvck or is malicious.
    Yep. While we're synonymously supposed to believe he is benevolent and caring - which is a contradiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    Well, OP, now you've got to ask the question: Which God (or Gods/Goddesses) are the real God (or Gods/Goddesses)? Once you start believing that it might be true where does it end and where does it begin?
    Good point. Everyone has a different definition of God. I believe in the gopher-version.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 01-06-2014 at 04:13 AM. Reason: mean words

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast