A fair Duel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Default A fair Duel

Hello guys and happy new year!

I love PvP , and by saying that I mean 1v1 duels , I'm a duelist , and also a soloist , a lonewolf... I don't like teams ...
    I don't like to rely on others to win, all I want is a fair man to man fight , so please don't suggest MOBAs.

I want a F2P 3D MMORPG or Action MMO (non-target) that is simply not P2W , just like C9 in CBT and OBT when the level cap was 50 ... the game was awesome , I got level 50 in like 2 weeks , farmed the best armor and stuff in 1 week , went to ranked pvp and got to the top 20 ... but now it is P2W , I need like 3 weeks to get the max level and months to farm armor just to have a chance against people who invest alot of money in the game ....and I lost interest in it.

so... I want something like C9 in the 50s , 1v1 pvp , no hard grinding (farming should be 1 month max)..and after that I can go into pvp against people with the same items ... or close ... and I can then have that intense fair duel.

summary : non-P2W F2P 3D MMO without much effort (there will be effort ofcourse) ....... and exclude (shooters , MOBAs , 2D games and sports or racing ) you may include private servers for any MMORPG.

:rolleyes: I'm so far UuuuuP :rolleyes:

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

Maybe Dragon Nest.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Starcraft 2.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

I don't like Dragon Nest's character design ... I think you know what I'm talking about and Star Craft is not F2P.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 15

Finding a well balanced 1v1 game is difficult. I say it is impossible with an MMORPG. There is always some kinky balance issue that will make the game taste bad for you.

To help add to the thread, I also suggest Dragon Nest since it has a system built to revolve around 1v1 duels. But unfortunately you don't like its character design, there's not much I can think of in that genre that supports duels as well as it did. I'm not sure about balance but I'm pretty sure it had a decent skill ceiling judging from the 1v1 korean duels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4_5uylJeQ
    EDIT: couldn't get the embed vid to work, sorry

Looks pretty fast paced, which was one of the reasons I got interested in it. However, from the last time I played there were issues with latency since korean devs are goddamn fools when it comes to netcode- instant buzzkill for a competitive gamer when there are better B2P options out there.
    Last edited by REUK; 01-06-2014 at 09:07 PM.

well that vid changed my impression about it abit I may try it ....... what B2P options do you have (not P2P).

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

There is really no fully fair 1vs1 F2P MMORPG. After all like 80% of the income from F2P MMORPGs comes from players who pay to have an advantage in PVP.
    The only game I've commonly seen to be said that it's fully fair is League of Legends, but since you excluded MOBAs I'd say what you want doesn't exist.

Dragon Nest has quite good and balanced PVP, but that's mainly because in Dragon Nest 80% of the 1vs1 outcome is skill and only 20% is equipment.
    Still your equipment will be significantly better if you pay.

B2P options in Dragon Nest are mostly (though my info might be outdated):
    - expand inventory, the free inventory is super small, without expanding it at least once you can't take many items from a dungeon run with you
    - items that help you upgrade your equipment, like protection from breaking and increase chance and stuff like that
    - items that can seal equips so you can sell them or give them to another character, this is required for really rare equips, normal equips don't need that
    - costumes, most of those also give small stat boosts
    - your normal "more exp" items

By saying B2P options, I meant B2P games ........

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Ah sorry, misunderstood. :-)

Well B2P you have The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 and that's basically it, isn't it?

The Secret World is definately a solo game and 100% balanced cash shop, but it's mostly PVE (I never played far enough to even have any PVP, so not sure about it). It's definately worth playing, though.

Guild Wars 2 has balanced PVP. I think it's more guild vs guild than 1 vs 1, though.

well , can you tell me about TERA , Dynasty Warriors, age of wushu , RIFT and RaiderZ ... and please tell me if one of them has a low playerbase... people say that no one plays Dynasty Warriors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast