Guilds in MMOs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Default Guilds in MMOs

Usually I am always in a guild in any game I play. If I am new to the game, I go to a casual laid back guild just to chat with people in game and make some friends and get some help quickly. If I play the game long enough, I might go to another guild that is more challenging or even seek to have a higher rank in my current guild. Sometimes, I read the guild announcements posted by the guild leaders and hang out with the guildies when they are up to something fun.

How about everyone else? What do you guys do in your guilds? What aspect of being in a guild do you enjoy the most? Is there anything that games should include to make guilds better?

The only times I find it hard is when you have to donate in-game currency just to have some sort of "status" in a guild.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

I rarely join a guild as im not much a social person and prefer to play on my own terms. Only way i would join a guild is if the guild did not want me to be on a set schedule and did not require me to do guild runs and etc. I do not mind helping others. But a lot of guilds have ass holes who want to boss you around and tell you how to play. So i most of the time play solo and rarely join others in a party unless im forced to and by then i most of time quit the game. Dont think i am a jerk as i am not. If some one needs help and i am able to i would be glad to. Other then that i keep to my self most of the time.
    You hate me? No worries death to all my enemies forgiveness is over. If you hate me so bad come to my house and we can settle it like men. Am i claiming to be a fighter? Nope but im sick of your shit. You bring your boys ill bring mine i can guarantee some one gonna leave in a body bag. Ill shove this pitch fork up ya ass and have you begging for mercy and none will come. As i roast you over the fire laughing at your burning flesh. Im sick of your shit and your threats lets settle this like men

I agree. I think sometimes, hardcore guilds get too obsessed with the game and turn the game into their own life and start pressuring other players. I get involved in friendly guilds who just play the game for fun. I love guilds that award you for playing the game and having fun. When you kill monsters or finish quests, you get guild buffs and extra exp, which is fun.

It's also great to show of the guild you're in outside the game like when there is a leaderboard or forum signature that shows off your guild's name. It gives you great pride to be part of something.

Senior Editor Reputation: 10

I'm fond of "family" style guilds. Not the kind that invites in mom's 11 year old nephew, the kind that are laid back but helpful, and close-knit. The guild I'm in GW2 is like that, they've been around for years, good bunch of folk.

I don't seek guilds out though, I usually fall into them after being friends with someone for a while in a game. I've had way too many bad experiences with guilds - drama and other ridiculousness - that I just stay clear of it unless someone I know can vet for them.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 215

Guilds don't mean much to me anymore considering I've been in too many shitty ones. Only games I ever got close with guild members were probably older games like DFO/DnF. Nowadays the way I see it, Good luck finding a guild that you can actually enjoy and have fun in with all the shit you have to wad through.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Join a multi-gaming clan 7yrs ago, still with them. We are in many games. We have optional guild runs and game nights.
    We use forum and voip. Laid back a bit but active. Some drama here or there for fun.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

What do you guys think is the best/worst part of being in a guild? For me, it's the socialization (if you are around friendly people who aren't douchebags), the pride/status of being in a guild, and the bonus and benefits

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 22

Well what I try to do in guild is help other when I can like help leveling or questing or even hunt loot becuse I know itīs hell of allot more fun to be on the same level then others.

Best part is like you said socialization, but bad part is I always end up solo even if iīm in a guild like in Tera no one could nor would try to help me because I was not level 60 so in the end I had to play alone and could not even socialize with them cuz they where busy doing there level 60 thing.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 32

I usually make a guild because I was previously in a guild that had me on a set schedule and it made something that was meant to be FUN more like WORK.

I USED to join guilds to have fun and just meet people. I love meeting people

Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    Well what I try to do in guild is help other when I can like help leveling or questing or even hunt loot becuse I know itīs hell of allot more fun to be on the same level then others.

Best part is like you said socialization, but bad part is I always end up solo even if iīm in a guild like in Tera no one could nor would try to help me because I was not level 60 so in the end I had to play alone and could not even socialize with them cuz they where busy doing there level 60 thing.
    Hence why you gotta get high level players that will invest time doing their own high level stuff and helping low level players. The advantage of having a high level players is that when other guilds decide to bully a low level player, a high level player can come in and defend. There should be an add-on for every guild in any game that shows how many low level, mid level, and high level players there are in a guild besides the overall number of players in a guild.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast