5 Things You Should Know About ArcheAge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Danteís Inferno Reputation: 14

i tried watching the video, that guys voice, oh, my god, that guys voice, i cant do it, i got to 3 minutes and wanted to set my face on fire, no way in hell. CC is good enough with out sound.
    When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament it's "Monster Kill",
    In Quake3 it's "Excellent", in Counter-Strike it's "Kicked by console"
    www.twitch.tv/desanex

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Gods-Hand View Post
    i tried watching the video, that guys voice, oh, my god, that guys voice, i cant do it, i got to 3 minutes and wanted to set my face on fire, no way in hell. CC is good enough with out sound.
    Some things should be kept to yourself, honestly. You have no idea about the guys background. Maybe he has an extremely thick accent and is doing his best to make it as clear as possible. Maybe he has some sort of speech impediment that he's working on fixing? No reason to be mean about it. If you don't like his voice then just have that opinion without sharing it, or if you must at least do it in a way that wont make someone feel bad about themselves.

That whole, "If you've got nothing nice to say, than don't say anything at all." thing and all that.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

My favorite ArcheAge streamer is Reijek. I've also played the game in the past and it was fun. I decided not to get to deep into it and just wait for the English version, though. The class system was very pleasing to me. Questing was generic/boring. There is some stuff thrown in every now and then that makes things a bit more fun, such as a quest where you have to capture a mermaid/man and then carry it on your back to some old man that lives along on the beach. You can't help but wonder what he really wants it for. It's the later content that sets the game truly apart, though.

What I liked about the class system was that you mix-and-match three of the seven different schools/skill trees and that created your own unique class. Can find a list of most of the classes that can be made here. Changing up your character isn't to much of a headache either. Though you do have to grind each of the seven trees. So if you grind up 3 of them from the start, and then decide to switch one out for a different tree that you haven't played yet, that tree will be at 'level 1' and you'll have to grind it up.

It's a system that makes for a lot of fun and experimentation. People tend to flock towards "cookie cutter" builds that they get off of websites, so there's room for you to come up with something relatively unique that will surprise people.

And the boat stuff is pretty damn cool as well.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 01-15-2014 at 06:19 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

The friend and family alpha is ongoing now for the english version

http://www.mmoculture.com/2014/01/ar...nglish-server/
    Last edited by Darkshadz; 01-15-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Danteís Inferno Reputation: 14

eh i can say what i want, you dont have to get all kinds of mad because i was the first person to speak up about his voice lol(im sure plenty of others were thinking the same thing) and im not making fun of him in any way, i just cant stand people with crazy voices that sound unreal like his is, at first tbh i thought it was some other guy trolling with his voice, but no its his own. i could of been even more mean and said it on the youtube vid, but i decided not to, either way, i can say what i like ^.^ enjoy your frustration. also our conversation is over, i will not talk to you ever again

ANY WAYS, ied like to try the game out, it actualy looks really badass. its on a list of other games i cant wait for
    When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament it's "Monster Kill",
    In Quake3 it's "Excellent", in Counter-Strike it's "Kicked by console"
    www.twitch.tv/desanex

Quote Originally Posted by Gods-Hand View Post
    eh i can say what i want
    Not if a mod decides to silence you. I see nothing wrong with Xaenex's voice so it's just you who has a problem with it I suppose. He doesn't have the best mic in the world from what I saw in his stream but his voice is normal.
    Last edited by Darkshadz; 01-15-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadz View Post
    Not if a mod decides to silence you. I see nothing wrong with Xaenex's voice so it's just you who has a problem with it I suppose. He doesn't have the best mic in the world from what I saw in his stream but his voice is normal.
    Even suggesting that someone should be silenced for not having the same opinion of someones voice than your own.... sounds like you've got some problems and won't have an easy time in the real world if that's how you think it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    Even suggesting that someone should be silenced for not having the same opinion of someones voice than your own.... sounds like you've got some problems and won't have an easy time in the real world if that's how you think it works.
    What? That's not what I said. The whole point is that you can voice your opinion without being rude. Gods-Hand showed no respect to Xaenex at all. I dunno what was hard to understand in my post so I suggest you read my post properly before replying next time.

What the hell with some people here lol :O

edit: and yes, if your post is inappropriate, you can be silenced so no you can't say whatever you want
    Last edited by Darkshadz; 01-15-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 28

Thank you guys for your support, it wouldn't be the first time someone has tried to insult my voice, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Ever since entering the YouTube-sphere I've made it my goal not to water down the message I'm trying to voice nor the awareness I want to bring by being some over-the-top and unrealistic personality. Any excitement, boredom, or just general emotion you hear me voice in my videos are genuine about that game.

Overall, I usually ignore, or if I can, delete, criticism towards aspects of the content that I cover that just can't be change. I'm mixed, born in Jamaica, living in Miami. I don't even have my Jamaican accent anymore, and the way I speak is just a hodgepodge of many dialects and speech tendencies. My content isn't perfect, and being in the fourth month of me covering content, on YouTube, on a consistent basis, I have a lot of room for growth. I appreciate (though not always enjoy, lol) criticism, as long as it's constructive or will make my channel better.

A lot of changes have come to my channel, the actual content that I cover, how I cover it, and even the way I plan, organize, record, and edit my content. Overall, there's been amazing criticism, and I love the improvements I've made because of it. As for Gods-Hand's opinion, it's pretty clear it wasn't constructive, pretty demeaning, and negative. He's not the sort of viewer that I'm concerned with nor make my content for. I create my content for beautiful people, people that actually have great moral character to them. People that are able to voice an opinion, even if it's a negative one, but in a respectful manner. That's the community I want to create a home for, via my channel, and hopefully influence other communities to be like.

At the end of the day, people will say what they say. I guess it's great that I've been using the internet so long that it's not hard for me to ignore rude and nonconstructive comments
    Last edited by Xaenex; 01-15-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadz View Post
    What? That's not what I said. The whole point is that you can voice your opinion without being rude. Gods-Hand showed no respect to Xaenex at all. I dunno what was hard to understand in my post so I suggest you read my post properly before replying next time.

What the hell with some people here lol :O

edit: and yes, if your post is inappropriate, you can be silenced so no you can't say whatever you want
    Good god, what a rude post! Honestly, a mod aught to silence you if you're going to act like this towards other members of the forums. You're on the freaking internet, grow a skin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast