Horrible first impressions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rock Man Reputation: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Igneius View Post
    FPS was acting stupid even though I can run TERA,GW2,and other high end games at high-max settings. Logic=none.
    this is what kills 90% of games for me.

The Devil's Advocate. Reputation: 354

Tutorials really put me off games.

If I have to spend 15 minutes learning how to walk and move the camera, I just enter the game with a bad impression.

I get why they're around, but, I just find them annoying and should really be skippable.
    On nights like tonight when no one's around, I turn off the lights, and I float off the ground.

And I smile like I used to when you were around.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Tutorials really put me off games.

If I have to spend 15 minutes learning how to walk and move the camera, I just enter the game with a bad impression.

I get why they're around, but, I just find them annoying and should really be skippable.
    Honestly, I don't get why they're in an MMO. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    To piss us off! They should be optional at most or like someone else said completely skippable! After playing one mmorpg you basically know how to play all of them. Only thing that changes is combat speed and other mechanics that are NEVER explained in tutorials x_x

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

Everquest: Oh you must be new here.-punches the player in the stomach.- welcome to the pain train.
    I need my dried frog pills.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

Marvel universe online is just so easy is painfully boring there is nothing even close to a challenge i was just spamming abilities .

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 22

Diablo 3's first impression is infamous. The game is mostly better now (and might actually become a good game with the expansion) but the errors were horrendous.

The Devil's Advocate. Reputation: 354

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    For the incredibly small player base that has never touched a computer before.

Those 10-20 players would be doomed without it!
    On nights like tonight when no one's around, I turn off the lights, and I float off the ground.

And I smile like I used to when you were around.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

Most recently, Infinite Crisis. The game is poorly optimized (had to run it on the lowest possible settings for 30 fps when other games like GW2 run at 60 fps on low-medium settings on this laptop), and there's this horrible input lag that I've heard has been around since the beta started, which made aiming skillshots almost an impossibility. Also most of the characters' kits are either completely uninspired abilities or abilities that were ripped directly from LoL champions, the map is directly ripped off from League's Dominion map, right down to capture point placement, brush locations, health relic locations, etc. I swear the developers were trying to rip off LoL as much as they could get away with. Not to mention the horribly designed UI with its difficult-to-read stat block and additional information that they tacked on which is completely superfluous. Played 2 matches and had no incentive to play it again. 0/10 would not play again.

Elder Scrolls Online also hasn't given me a very good first impression either so far.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12