Horrible first impressions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

Default Horrible first impressions?

Just tried Dragon Nest for the first time.
    Crashed in tutorial where I couldn't hit an orc I was supposed to kill, and it wouldn't let me unstuck or teleport to town.
    Eventually it just went to a black screen where I could only hover my mouse around. :/
    Yup.

So what are some horrible first impressions of mmorpgs or online games in general you guys have had?

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

Basically never being able to load the game after downloading a massive file, when it does work its utter crap. IP blocks suck too.
    Games that disappointed me are few too many as a veteran gamer, so I'm not going to say any of them. Dragons Nest, I never really liked it, it is good graphically and I never had any problems running it, I just don't like restrictions with maps in games, I prefer open environment and ability for exploration.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Hero of the obelisk.

For some reason IP blocked when there is NO ip block. msged the GM and said use vpn for now so I did, reached lvl 35 I think still was blocked.. So I gave up lol.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Many games: Downloading it, installing it, convincing my friend to play it with me, then realizing it's IP blocked and there is no server both my friend and me can play on. :-(

EverQuest II: Could never get past the character creation screen.

Eden Eternal: Installed it, logged in and in just 2 minutes I hated everything about the game. Horrible interface, local instant monster respawn points, generic, directly deinstalled.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Far too many games too list but more or less the same deal. Take awhile to download and install it. Take awhile to patch it. Play it for an hour or so then uninstall because the game ends up being shit.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 15

Right now, Ignited Games' Sevencore.

Launched the game, it reset my display driver settings (colors and such). Recovered my old account and they generated a gibberish password I'm never going to remember. Tried to copy the password in, no copy paste available for the password field. Then I tried to reset it to something I could remember, there isn't an option to do that on their game site or main website.

So. Can't even get in game.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

Final fantasy XI
    one word: Playonline
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Oh yeah, FFXIV I also could never get to run because the patcher at launch was so slow and continuously crashed and after I still didn't have the updated game after 1 day I just gave up lol.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 14

Ro2 was a giant letdown to me, it was too stuttery with half of the animations, you couldnt control the camera for SH*T when you wanted to look around, the speed of it was insane. complete garbage overall after about 30 minutes of playing it, couldnt stand it.
    next was the release of Aura Kingdom, not bad looking, seemed alright, the text was infinitely small and couldnt read it, the mouse control to move the camera around was terrilble, plus the double jump thing or what ever it was, was seriously not needed, complete garbage after playing that for awhile too, when you can right click the mouse to move the camera and it moves the mouse off of your screen and into your next monitor when you are trying to look around is retarded as hell.
    When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament it's "Monster Kill",
    In Quake3 it's "Excellent", in Counter-Strike it's "Kicked by console"
    www.twitch.tv/desanex

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 32

RO2 - FPS was acting stupid even though I can run TERA,GW2,and other high end games at high-max settings. Logic=none.

Grand Fantasia- They never fixed their damn memory leak which often times lead to my computer crashing...which was annoying as all hell!

WoW- I hate the beginner areas...it's...so...annoying >.>'

Pokemon X/Y- This game only upgraded the gfx but the rest of it went to hell. Not to mention they won't be using DLC at all which would have been awesome >.>'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast