Pipe Smoking

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

when i read pipe ... i thought about something quite different ... if you know what i mean.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Dunny 2014 Updated 10/19

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Bit of an update.

I got my pipe and my tobaccos yesterday. So far, I've tried all five of the tobaccos in my sampler kit once. I've yet to be able to get any "flavor" from the tobacco, but from what I've heard it takes a while before you actually will. I dunno. I plan to smoke all the tobacco I have and then I will decide if I want to continue or not.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Olpah's Object Reputation: 17

I think some of that green tobacco is the best ^^

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

Tupac Shakur

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    and then I will decide if I want to continue or not.
    I hear it's addictive.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    I hear it's addictive.
    It's tobacco and it has nicotine. It doesn't have quite the hold that cigarettes do, though. At least from what I've seen and read. If it does come to quitting, I don't think I'll have a problem stopping. And if I do have a problem, oh well. I'll just have to deal with whatever withdraw symptoms I get for a week or two.

As of yet, I've felt no draw to. Each time I've smoked, it wasn't because I felt like I had to, but rather I wanted to. I'll post another update in a few days or a week or so to update and say whether what I've said today is still true.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

lol
    I suffer serious withdrawal away from the computer. It takes about 5-6 hours for symptoms to appear.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    lol
    I suffer serious withdrawal away from the computer. It takes about 5-6 hours for symptoms to appear.
    I know that feel u.u But it's more because I've built my life around the computer, and I don't know how to function without regular use.
    -Cingal

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Addiction in that case won't come from the nicotine, but from habituation. People get used to smoking (be it cigars, cigarettes, pipes, hookah, whatever) at a certain time. Its not necessarily that the chemical addiction is overwhelming (let's face it, there are PLENTY of nicotine tapering products) but the "ritual" of smoking will become something you miss. I never really smoked any tobacco, but I constantly see it in my friends who smoke cigarettes. They have one or two beers and suddenly really want to smoke. The only time they smoke is when they drink, or after their morning coffee, etc.

I read somewhere it takes a month to make/break a habit. I'm sure that is just a guesstimate, but you get the idea.

That said, I'd much rather smoke pipe tobacco. Every time I watch LOTR I want to buy some, but then I get distracted and forget. It smells so nice too (not sarcasm, it does). The only guy I knew who smoked a pipe was a really really awful wanna-be hippie "anarchist" hipster douchebag who lived in a tent and sewed his own clothes because he was an asshole. (not that I'm against that lifestyle, he just had the shittiest attitude about it. an elitist "I'm better than you because I fight the system" jerk). So whenever I see it, it reminds me of him, which in turn reminds me of my hatred for him. Shame he ruined it for me.

Dunny 2014 Updated 10/19

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

Ever heard of Catch 22:
    I believe that I can stop. Thats why I dont have to try. The thing is addiction is not something that exists outside of you. You are actually telling yourself that it wont be hard to, because you dont want to stop, not because its actually easy. Which is the catch, because it wont be.

@Oister: Sorry to having to say this but the habit thing is bull. A pavlov reflex dies after two weeks. A smoking cue will trigger a measurable reflex-result in an heavy smokers brain till he dies.
    That doesnt mean that he will smoke. It means that he is addicted.
    Addiction is a medical term, not a word that the man invented to make habits he doesnt like look bad...

back to ApocaRUFF:
    I think the idea is ****ing stupid as hell.
    You must have figured that youd get that answer from some. I hope you dont rot inside too much, or something and please have some courtesy when you meet some square that gets disgusted by your toxic fumes, or has problems breathing, lol.
    Still a way better idea than cigarettes. Still ****ing stupid as hell.
    Last edited by Ronin; 01-18-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Stay frosty.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast