Pipe Smoking

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 547

I wouldn't compare smoking to rock climbing exactly. It's the number one cause of premature death. One of every 5 deaths in the US happen due to smoking.
    It's something that "probably might not happen", but it's really actually something that quite likely will happen. This counts too for pipe smoking. It's not a pretty death either, otherwise people would probably not give much of a shit. It's pretty gruesome and miserable.

Stay frosty.

Game Journalist Reputation: 346

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I wouldn't compare smoking to rock climbing exactly. It's the number one cause of premature death. One of every 5 deaths in the US happen due to smoking.
    It's something that "probably might not happen", but it's really actually something that quite likely will happen. This counts too for pipe smoking. It's not a pretty death either, otherwise people would probably not give much of a shit. It's pretty gruesome and miserable.
    That statistic is based on (or including) cigarette smokers, who inhale the smoke and smoke more frequently. Inhaling the smoke (or any kind of not clean air) will cause a shitton of problems, including difficulty breathing, hacking coughs, etc... With pipe smoking, you aren't inhaling it (unless it's on a deliberate choice to go against what you should be doing and/or an accident). Because you aren't inhaling the smoke, the risks are almost completely limited to mouth issues, be it mouth cancer, gum disease/infection, teeth coloring, etc...

Most of the deaths caused by smoking are due to the issues that smoking cigarettes causes to the lungs.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not saying that Pipe smoking isn't potentially dangerous. I'm just saying it's not as dangerous, and not dangerous in the same exact ways, as cigarette smoking. It comes down to no inhaling and less frequent smoking.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 01-19-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[1/25]----------(New Post! ArcheAge!)[3/7]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 547

Well, of course taking the smoke into the lung directly is worst, but you are inhaling the smoke anyways, if you aren't running at top speed away from it on the outside, or wait for stormy weather.
    Last edited by Ronin; 01-19-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Stay frosty.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234