Will Dragon Slayer Be A Monster Hunter Online Ripoff?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 28

Default Will Dragon Slayer Be A Monster Hunter Online Ripoff?

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Little is known about Dragon Slayer and Project E, but from the sounds of it, X-Legend intends to create an anime version of Monster Hunter Online and name it Dragon Slayer. What will come of the 2 games set to release this year by the Anime gaming giant?

Side Note: The video playing in the background is of Aura Kingdom, the most recent MMORPG released by X-Legend.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 55

I played Aura Kingdom to mid level in what felt like ten minutes. I DO appreciate the artistic design and fluidity of the game - or rather, the potential. The animations had no transition animations, the characters sort of popped into the animation, but it was good, and I was impressed by the Gliding system as well.

I feel like Aura Kingdom, as with 99% of all Aeria games are rushed cash cow projects that make money for the first couple months they're there and then slowly die out, but I feel like the development team can do something really interesting if they put their time into it and I'd love to see a fully fledged boss-hunting MMO in their style.

Sounds like Monster Hunter, but really, what's wrong with that? It's interesting to see a cutesy developement team put their twist on a genre that is pioneered by Monster Hunter. But only if they do it right. A lot of cutesy anime development teams, like I said, rush their stuff.
    ||(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧||

Playing:
    A bunch of 2013 games I missed.
    TERA: MT - Qewpid - Inactive
    TalesRunner: Phaun - CB tester[/FONT]

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 26

A cute, anime-style Monster Hunter clone? I could get 100% get behind that idea.

Random Chua Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    A cute, anime-style Monster Hunter clone? I could get 100% get behind that idea.
    This and this.

(Things and stuff are happening!)

Currently playing:
    WildStar - Razzi - LV50 Chua Engineer Explorer - Envirda (Roleplaying) Server

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 28

I'm quite surprised by the feedback to be honest. I thought there'd be a lot of backlash to the idea, though I myself am quite fond of it.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenex View Post
    I'm quite surprised by the feedback to be honest. I thought there'd be a lot of backlash to the idea, though I myself am quite fond of it.
    why would there be backlash? monster hunter is a really fun multiplayer game, and we have no pc monster hunter games here, so if we get a "rip-off" that's good, then why would we complain?

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Wasn't on the PC, but I personally enjoyed Ragnarok Odyssey. I'm down with this idea.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Not to be a dick, but didn't Cinderboy post this info a few days ago elsewhere?
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Not to be a dick, but didn't Cinderboy post this info a few days ago elsewhere?
    Yes.
    Xaenek is just here to promote his youtube channel. Nothing else

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30

it says monster online ripoff not, MH online, and ewen gameplay is totaly diferent so dunno where u getting that this mh rip off.

thats syad ... wtb real MH rip off for pc or faster localization for new MHo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast