Guys playing as female characters in MMORPGs/MMOs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Generally, if I have to look at the back of my character the entire time I play, I choose a female. Might as well look at a pixel girls ass than a pixel dudes ass. Anything else, I just play whatever I like. I pick Siren in Borderlands, but thats because I just enjoy the class. Stuff like Fallout and Skyrim I always play as a dude.
    girl panty shot > guy panty shot
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 82

I don't really have a problem with it. I force my BFs to play males, though.

I once thought a person who was helping me out a lot was a female because he had alllll female chars in WoW, was super nice, and used girly emotes. Then I found out he was a guy in his 30s when I was like 17. Needless to say, my perspective changed.

I had a couple male chars in WoW. I only got my male Blood Elf mage to max level.

Moreover, I like the style of most males in anime-style MMOs. Not a fan of beefcakes.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Senior Editor Reputation: 10

This is still an issue for people? Man the industry doesn't change in some regards, does it. Been having this debate since EQ1 if not earlier.

I don't care if people gender-swap for playing a game. I don't think it means anything and I don't think people need to justify it. Yes, some people do it because they want to look at nice butts; some people do it because male models are drawn awfully; some people do it because they are trans; some people just do it without a real reason at all. The only time it bothers me is when someone does it with a predatory intent, and that's because they're a creepy, lying criminal scum.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by MissyS View Post
    I don't care if people gender-swap for playing a game. I don't think it means anything and I don't think people need to justify it. Yes, some people do it because they want to look at nice butts; some people do it because male models are drawn awfully; some people do it because they are trans; some people just do it without a real reason at all. The only time it bothers me is when someone does it with a predatory intent, and that's because they're a creepy, lying criminal scum.
    ^5 Exactly what I was saying.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Game Journalist Reputation: 394

Quote Originally Posted by MissyS View Post
    This is still an issue for people? Man the industry doesn't change in some regards, does it. Been having this debate since EQ1 if not earlier.

This echos my opinion on it exactly.

Personally, I tend to play female characters as I find them cute and I enjoy looking at their ass. However, if the game is first-person, I play a male model as I wont be able to see it so there's not much of a point (at least for me) to play a female model.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 35

I play female mostly. People always think I'm a girl because of how I type (I don't fking know how girls type) or maybe because of how nice I am. They ask me if I'm a girl even while playing a male character so I started to pick female characters and every time someone wonders I'll just say yes to whatever they speculate. Because in the end what my gender is in game or real life has very little importance.

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 577
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

I always feel like a perv when I play female characters, but I'm trying to get back into GW2 so I made a female character just because of this thread. Thanks, thread.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

personal opinion but I think people that find playing opposite genders in mmos weird or perverted have insecurity issues in their lives.

me? same reason as mentioned in the thread: I play a game to relax and enjoy and have fun. If a gender looks better in armor and animations than the opposite gender, I will roll the former (and in almost all games, females have the better armor and animations)

I think people have the mentality that, since "sex sells" - every male that plays a female character are looking at their character in a perverted way or sexual way or something.

meh...to each his/her own.
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

This is becoming dangerously close to turning into a /b/ traps thread

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 277

Quote Originally Posted by Romgor View Post
    This is becoming dangerously close to turning into a /b/ traps thread
    i don't know what that means
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast