Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Guys playing as female characters in MMORPGs/MMOs

  1. #1
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,088
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Guys playing as female characters in MMORPGs/MMOs

    I don't usually play as female characters in Western MMORPGs, but really only in Asian/Anime mmorpgs. Why?

    Because Anime is already extremely feminine and the guys look like girls already in those games.



    Anyways, do you think there is still a stigma regarding the whole guy playing a girl in mmo's issue? What do you think?

    Have you ever indulge yourself playing as a different gender?

  2. #2
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i play as female characters in basically everything *shrugs*

    i think i have a pic of my character from saints row somewhere on here.

    edit: found it http://www.onrpg.com/boards/threads/...=1#post2972899
    Last edited by postrook; 01-13-2014 at 12:45 AM.

  3. #3
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 241
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    øsec
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I don't mind guys that play as girls as long as they're not pretending to be girls. Those are the worst kinds of people and they'll try to take advantage of regular players because they're "females." I've known plenty of males that made it clear they were male and played females because they are attracted to the female form or classes are gender locked.

    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  4. #4
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,643
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    In secret I'm dreaming of being a little asian girl, but because I'm born with balls, and white I've been doomed to play females in cutesy anime mmo's, to even come close to that dream.

  5. #5
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 248
    Kamilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,595
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I play as female characters too

  6. #6
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    @phanein i would do that if i played mmos. creepers deserve to be trolled and i deserve their money. give me all yr golds and i send you boob.jpeg.

  7. #7
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 125

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In my little box.
    Posts
    2,926
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    very rarely i play males. always females.

  8. #8
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 241
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    øsec
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    @phanein i would do that if i played mmos. creepers deserve to be trolled and i deserve their money. give me all yr golds and i send you boob.jpeg.
    You reminded me of the general discussions talk about girl streamers and how we should hire Camgirls to make money off of lonely nerds. #ThrowBack #Money4Tats
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  9. #9
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,843
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    When I found out I can play a female character without it turning into one, I was okay with it.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  10. #10
    TOTALFVCKBOY Reputation: 715
    Xenonight2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    www.onrpg.com
    Posts
    14,102
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    woman, unless the moustaches are too good to pass.

  11. #11
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 445
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,842
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    As I've grown older and have developed a more open minded perspective it bothers me less.

    I played as a female character throughout my Rift time, solely because they had better animations.

    However, I generally only play as male simply because I feel that your avatar represents you in a game.

    At the end of the day it's personal choice.

  12. #12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    6,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    However, I generally only play as male simply because I feel that your avatar represents you in a game..
    That's the reason I always play as female

  13. #13
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 83
    M1nGs3N4yuk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    2,486
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    In Age of Wushu, I played a female because the models were more pleasant to the eye than male models. Almost all the top players in my guild were guys playing as a female character. I wasn't surprised when we were all on raidcall because we all came clean in the beginning. A few players outside of our guild believed that our guild was an all girls guild.

  14. #14
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 23
    Diokhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I usually play male, but when I can't get them to look somewhat like a man I make a female.
    (Some mmo's just have sissy faces)

  15. #15
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 110
    Chiyeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I just feel weird as hell entering a voice chat with a bunch of strangers as a guy playing a female character.
    plus the female name to go with the female character. .


    DrHime |MsNakita
    SD Gundam - League of Legends (PH) - Grand Chase


  16. #16
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366
    marcipaans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Director of Acquisitions
    Posts
    9,863
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    It's a game, yes I play female characters exclusively. That's why I enjoy games when I can play as female, orc, alien or a ninja cyborg(MGR:R). Trying to resemble yourself in a game would go the opposite way my idea of "having a good time, relaxing".
    Last edited by marcipaans; 01-13-2014 at 09:47 AM.


  17. #17
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,013
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Its a game and if i Want to be a damn female in a game i will be a damn female with Huge Boobs... That is what games are all about... Being Something you cant be in real life...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

  18. #18
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    6,129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I play the roughest looking manly men I can muster up. Glorious beards and hulk like physiques don my character selection screens in every game!

  19. #19
    in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151
    Oisterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trash Boat
    Posts
    25,742
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Generally, if I have to look at the back of my character the entire time I play, I choose a female. Might as well look at a pixel girls ass than a pixel dudes ass. Anything else, I just play whatever I like. I pick Siren in Borderlands, but thats because I just enjoy the class. Stuff like Fallout and Skyrim I always play as a dude.

  20. #20
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,013
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Generally, if I have to look at the back of my character the entire time I play, I choose a female. Might as well look at a pixel girls ass than a pixel dudes ass. Anything else, I just play whatever I like. I pick Siren in Borderlands, but thats because I just enjoy the class. Stuff like Fallout and Skyrim I always play as a dude.
    girl panty shot > guy panty shot
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

  21. #21
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't really have a problem with it. I force my BFs to play males, though.

    I once thought a person who was helping me out a lot was a female because he had alllll female chars in WoW, was super nice, and used girly emotes. Then I found out he was a guy in his 30s when I was like 17. Needless to say, my perspective changed.

    I had a couple male chars in WoW. I only got my male Blood Elf mage to max level.

    Moreover, I like the style of most males in anime-style MMOs. Not a fan of beefcakes.

  22. #22
    Senior Editor Reputation: 33
    MissyS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    This is still an issue for people? Man the industry doesn't change in some regards, does it. Been having this debate since EQ1 if not earlier.

    I don't care if people gender-swap for playing a game. I don't think it means anything and I don't think people need to justify it. Yes, some people do it because they want to look at nice butts; some people do it because male models are drawn awfully; some people do it because they are trans; some people just do it without a real reason at all. The only time it bothers me is when someone does it with a predatory intent, and that's because they're a creepy, lying criminal scum.

  23. #23
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 241
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    øsec
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissyS View Post
    I don't care if people gender-swap for playing a game. I don't think it means anything and I don't think people need to justify it. Yes, some people do it because they want to look at nice butts; some people do it because male models are drawn awfully; some people do it because they are trans; some people just do it without a real reason at all. The only time it bothers me is when someone does it with a predatory intent, and that's because they're a creepy, lying criminal scum.
    ^5 Exactly what I was saying.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  24. #24
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,652
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissyS View Post
    This is still an issue for people? Man the industry doesn't change in some regards, does it. Been having this debate since EQ1 if not earlier.

    I don't care if people gender-swap for playing a game. I don't think it means anything and I don't think people need to justify it. Yes, some people do it because they want to look at nice butts; some people do it because male models are drawn awfully; some people do it because they are trans; some people just do it without a real reason at all. The only time it bothers me is when someone does it with a predatory intent, and that's because they're a creepy, lying criminal scum.


    This echos my opinion on it exactly.


    Personally, I tend to play female characters as I find them cute and I enjoy looking at their ass. However, if the game is first-person, I play a male model as I wont be able to see it so there's not much of a point (at least for me) to play a female model.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or *******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  25. #25
    McFox Sandwich Reputation: 35

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I play female mostly. People always think I'm a girl because of how I type (I don't fking know how girls type) or maybe because of how nice I am. They ask me if I'm a girl even while playing a male character so I started to pick female characters and every time someone wonders I'll just say yes to whatever they speculate. Because in the end what my gender is in game or real life has very little importance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •