Tera vs Guild Wars 2.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

I play both and like both, but GW2 is overall a much better game. It gets repetitive though.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    In terms of combat, both Tera and Guild Wars 2 are equally good.

Tera is a bit generic on the quest-side. You just have your usual go kill monsters quests, so it's just your normal go to spawn place, kill monsters, go back to NPC gameplay.
    Guild Wars 2 has a very unique quest system and has also some quite exciting aspects about them.

Tera has a higher population though, especially in PVE. GW2 suffers a lot in PVE by having hardly any PVE players left. It still has a high population but most are just doing PVP.
    Uhm yeah, in a pvp game. So it balances out.
    Tho, I find GW1 to be the real pvp game. Balanced and one of the best pvp gameplay. Hate gw2.

But if it comes to whats better in general, its gw2

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

GW2 was never really advertised as a PVP game, though. They mostly bragged about their total new dynamic quest system which was said to revolutionize quests in MMORPGs.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

GW2 without Holy Trinity is a highlight positive, not a negative <_<"
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    GW2 without Holy Trinity is a highlight positive, not a negative <_<"
    To you, I think the lack of a Holy Trinity makes it shit.

P2W on TERA though... This was sarcasm right? TERA's Cash Shop is useless, absolutely useless. At most you'll get a mount, you'll likely just buy one in game so it doesn't even matter.
    TERA is also popular, arguably one of the most popular Free to Play games available. People that complain about the quest system are plain spoiled, the grind isn't even that rigorous. There were Primes(First to level 60) on day 2 if not day 3, on top of that the combat is enjoyable. No one has a reason to complain over the grind, maybe that it's generic. If you didn't want that then why'd you come, they didn't advertise the quest system or any feature other then BAMs, the combat and graphics.

Now GW2, This game is a whole entire magic show. They give you the dynamic events, level scaling, a personal story, personal builds, early pvp, and a great quest system.
    Then you go to the same magic show the second time and realise the tricks behind the illusion.Dynamic events are just a slug fest between who can spam enough skills. A frenzy of zergs.
    Level scaling, mentoring in other games.
    A personal story, You choose from 4 options which reach their conclusion around level 20
    Personal builds, One will always be the most viable. From what I've seen as well, every character comes up to the same skills at the end as well. You also don't get to tamper with stats which is a huge disappointment to me
    Early PVP, I wonder how many people actually play PVE at this point. This essentially made the game a lobby based game, PVE is a desert as was mentioned before.
    Great questing system, It's your average questing system, that happens to be well made (Instead of a number, it's a bar. Instead of walking to NPC, they acknowledge you've done your job.) Once again a questing system released that makes no direct impact to the game. I'm sure this was revolutionary.

Since I'm done raging about GW2's Illusion. I'll say honestly, that the both of them are about on the same level. Both has their pros and Cons.
    TERA PROs:
    Combat is fluid and fun
    Generic, but a decent one.
    Holy trinity(Personally love this)
    Balanced PVP
    Fun mass-group pvp
    PVE is really enjoyable
    FREE
    Cons:
    Venarch system feels underwhelming
    Combat is pretty niche
    Questing system is tedious
    Leveling will feel like burden sometimes
    Bams aren't as badass as they're exaggerated to be
    The PVP isn't well developed.

GW2 Pros
    Questing system is enjoyable
    Variety
    sPVP is actually pretty fun
    Diverse class system
    WvWvW is quite intense the first couple of times
    Individuality
    Combat is also enjoyable to a degree
    Cons:
    Dynamic events aren't as Dynamic as they're advertised to be.
    WvWvW is a spam fest as well as Dynamic event.
    PVE is a ghost town
    No Holy trinity
    Quest system still isn't as innovated to be worth diving into
    B2P

Both have gorgeous graphics, and are constantly updated
    Last edited by Heartyace; 01-13-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 2

have you given ffxiv:ARA a look? I think you might get a closer feeling to wow end-game in ffxiv than both of the other games mentioned. its also p2p like WoW, so you don't need to worry about the company being greedy.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 45

Simply put Guildwars 2 is the better choice.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

In what universe is PvE a ghost town in GW2? I see plenty of people doing PvE content when I play. Although player distribution between zones is vastly uneven.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

I found GW2 "unique" questing system mediocre. Instead of getting a quest from an NPC, you just go to the zone and it tells you what you need to do. It's still the same "kill this, collect that" type of quests. Just a masked version of your generic questing system you see in other games.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Oh the irony that the server that is not desolate is called Desolation.
    Buh Dun Psh

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast