Tera vs Guild Wars 2.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

I saw both...I think I like GW2 better.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

I prefer Gw2 over Tera.

Tera is bland until end-game. Literally nothing worth doing until 60. The same could be said for GW2 but PVP is twerkin very early unlike Tera.
    Pride is a wonderful trait.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 17

I prefer Tera over GW2, but the reason why I cannot play Tera is, because the UI is probably the worst ever piece of junk thingie ever coded. I can understand that it takes some time render UI, but managing to cut fps from 90 to 20 by having UI shown is too much. I still cannot understand why that hasn't been fixed, even tho it makes the whole game almost unplayable for vast majority of people...

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Forever Tera fan here.

Played both games. I must admit i quitted GW2 after 2 weeks. GW2 is a pvp game. If you're not into pvp, that game is useless for you. At least it was for me....figure that i always play a healer class in every game i play and i could not find my place in it.

Who says he doesn't like Tera, its most probably because his pc/laptop can't handle it or at max he can play with minimal settings and a very bad fps. I would totally not enjoy a game as well in those conditions and i probably say is a piece of shiet too lol. The game is awesome if you can play it at least at medium settings; this way you have a decent fps, you don't loose fluidity on the mouse and the attack won't be sloppy and awkward and won't feel like you're a total noob because most of the times you miss the target (especially if you're a caster). Also you would enjoy the AWESOME graphics that Tera has and i can say - after playing almost everything could be play - that no other game has. Happens that my pc handles it at ultra settings and the game is the best atm in any way shape or form.

I laughed so hard when i read someone said is a pay to win game. Lol wut? I never payed a dime, though i could buy to my both chars mounts and fashion and keys to open boxes, because that's pretty all you can buy in that game from the shop. If there is a F2P game that is not a pay 2 win on the market, the only one existent is Tera.

I went back to it after the Aura Kingdom delusion and i brought back with me my lil sister and her fiancee that as well has a couple of friends who just installed it. The game is highly populated even on the newbie zones, the quests are quick and fun to do, the dungeons are great and various, the bams are also fun to kill even after the huge nerf (who sais they was a disappointment probably didn't played the initial bams when you needed a full party and hella lots of pots and a good healer in order to kill one, figure to farm them as simple mobs! I sooo miss those times!! ) And Tera is highly recommended to be played with at least one friend, either is a real life one or a friend you make in game...otherwise you would get bored asap and quick even more faster.

TL;DR: To make it short, GW2 for me and my friends looks a cheap zergfest for which you must pay in order to play.
    I would choose Tera over it all the way.
    Cheers.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Prefer GW2 myself. Partially because I can't stand most of the female armor in the game, and mostly because.....I don't know, something about the game just felt off to me......not to mention that to me at least, Tera looked worse (but not by a large margin mind you) while actually running worse then GW2 on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

TERA is generic korean classic with a new combat system. If you like the kMMORPG methodology TERA is great. Guild Wars 2 is "newage" MMORPG ideals, wrapped around a more fluid slow paced less dynamic combat system.

The thing that got me about guild wars 2 is got to level 80 quickly got geared up, and then i found myself saying "well now what...?"

The living story doesn't cater very well to those who want a contiueous MMORPG experience. Guild Wars 2 feels like a kinda like single player RPG thats online...kinda hard to explain.

TERA however plays better into an actual mmorpg experience because well its pretty much a classic korean mmo kill this get this kill this get this go hub to hub, grats youre max level now kill other people with said character. Although open world PK is the shit in TERA. I freaking love PKing Elin players.

TERA offers a more contiued game play experience, Guild Wars 2 is more rich and varietised and its core PVP mode is more like a MOBA than it really is an actual PVP mode for the game. which i felt was really dumb of them to do.

TERA is korean, so you have all your little korean ideaologies in it, like lots of vanity items hard work equals good gear, Teir scaling gear ect.

Guild Wars 2 is worth it for a play through, but unfortunately its one of those "was fun while it lasted" things.

Which is sad, i wish i could play my norn more often but theres literally next to nothing fun to do in game anymore.
    Last edited by Just_Me_Shyvana; 01-14-2014 at 03:47 PM.

~World's most played Shyvana games: Final Count: 2611 Jan.29th 2013)~
    Quit, moved to WildStar. Cya later Dragonborn

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

TERA's PvP is awful. You're better off playing GW2 if you want a solid PvP experience. As far as PvE goes, both games have their merits.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

I play GW2 and I barely play the sPvP.
    I do play WvWvW and PvE, and that's about it.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Appreciate all the info guys! Looks like I may be giving guild wars 2 a try after all. Also if any of you guys are interested in a World of Warcraft account, im actually trying to either sell mine or donate. Preferably sell, but cheap! I'm completely over the game. Would like it to go to a good owner. My skype is Methix.1 (there are several methix's, im the last name luckadoo).

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by M1nGs3N4yuk1 View Post
    I found GW2 "unique" questing system mediocre. Instead of getting a quest from an NPC, you just go to the zone and it tells you what you need to do. It's still the same "kill this, collect that" type of quests. Just a masked version of your generic questing system you see in other games.
    This is exactly what I said when I first started playing. It's still true, but they mask it in a way that's actually fun. If it were simply masked and generic like most MMOs, I'd have burned out a long time ago. Doing it more than once or twice, like any quest in a game, can get very boring though.

@SorenEmblem: I have no idea why people say PvE is dead. It's very healthy for me, and I'm in the US playing on EU servers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast