Tera vs Guild Wars 2.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Talking Tera vs Guild Wars 2.

I've been playing Tera for about a week now after playing wow for 9 years im in hope of finding a game to take me away from world of warcraft. Before I get too settled down with Tera I was thinking of giving GW2 a try, just didn't wanna waste the money and Tera be the better of the two games. I know its probably just one opinion vs another but id like to hear others views on the 2 games.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Didn't like Tera. Felt too much like console's mindless button smashing game.
    Guild War 2 has nice combat mechanics. It's not perfect, but it's fun to play.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

In terms of combat, both Tera and Guild Wars 2 are equally good.

Tera is a bit generic on the quest-side. You just have your usual go kill monsters quests, so it's just your normal go to spawn place, kill monsters, go back to NPC gameplay.
    Guild Wars 2 has a very unique quest system and has also some quite exciting aspects about them.

Tera has a higher population though, especially in PVE. GW2 suffers a lot in PVE by having hardly any PVE players left. It still has a high population but most are just doing PVP.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

I is a f2p generic pay-to-win game. The other is a b2p non-pay-to-win game.

Outside of the MOBA genre GW2 has the best PvP out of any mmorpg. This is because the PvP is balanced in terms of who has access to what. In structured PvP in heart of the Mists everyone has access to the same items, same traits and same stat customization options.

The meta is not perfect however, the game currently has too much sustain and too many damage avoidance methods, as a result the best builds utilize condition damage or AI pets/phantasms/minions for passive persistent damage. A lot of people are unhappy with the current meta, but the devs have recently been taking notice of the community's woes and are making changes (granted at an excruciatingly slow pace).

Currently there is only one mode for PvP matches, that is domination Capture-the-Point.

As for PvE and WvW, they are not my cup of tea, but others may like it. You don't need to do any PvE or WvW content in order to PvP. In heart of the Mists everyone is at lvl 80, even if your PvE character is lvl 2.

WvW is kind of softcore PvP because gear and levels are a factor and more often than not it is Zerg v. Zerg gameplay. The success of your realm is mostly determined by whether or not you have an active healthy WvW-ing population around the clock. If your realm does not have a solid night crew then the other realms will just cap everything overnight.

42 Reputation: 10

Unique questing system in GW2? Its the same thing just without NPCs to run to and no funny story behind them so quite boring system.
    In a long term, when u play a MMO u only care about the quest system while lvling.
    In Tera there is Open WOrld PvP, in GW2 there isnt.Guild Wars 2 class/combat system is very boring, just spam all ur skills that arent on cooldown with semi-autoaiming. And not to mention horrible no class trinity system. Oh yea Tera is also free =p

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Methix View Post
    I've been playing Tera for about a week now after playing wow for 9 years im in hope of finding a game to take me away from world of warcraft. Before I get too settled down with Tera I was thinking of giving GW2 a try, just didn't wanna waste the money and Tera be the better of the two games. I know its probably just one opinion vs another but id like to hear others views on the 2 games.
    Guild Wars 2, its nice combat,nice lvling,+ its never get booring while you playing....You can do 10x more things in GW2,and yes i played Tera ....

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 32

Played TERA and I must say that I hated it. The combat was slow even after I made EVERY class the game had to offer,the only class I liked who could summon guardians or "pets" was pointless due to the pets sucking,and the graphics(although nice)honestly didn't catch my attention at all.

GW2 however seems a bit more popular and has more players but they are all in pvp and only a few in pve. :/
    That's my only gripe :c

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

Quote Originally Posted by Igneius View Post
    Played TERA and I must say that I hated it. The combat was slow even after I made EVERY class the game had to offer,the only class I liked who could summon guardians or "pets" was pointless due to the pets sucking,and the graphics(although nice)honestly didn't catch my attention at all.

GW2 however seems a bit more popular and has more players but they are all in pvp and only a few in pve. :/
    That's my only gripe :c
    what kind of a desert of a server you play on ? ... lool whenever i log in i cant get out of overflow ... and i play on Desolation.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 16

GW2 is the best MMO I've played. And I've been playing MMOs since 2001 and had a couple of years of extreme game hopping. It's not perfect, but it does so many things right that it makes many other MMOs unplayable for me. And the PvE isn't dying or anything at all, nor the WvW. PvP is actually the lower population of the game, and even that has a decent amount of players. The only parts of PvE that might be a bit slow are the lower level zones since everyone's already capped and most people stick to dungeons, events, and champions. But honestly, every aspect of leveling from 1-80 is soloable, so there shouldn't be any problem on that side of things. And you'll find people running around, just maybe not as many as you might hope if you're super social.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

what kind of a desert of a server you play on ? ... lool whenever i log in i cant get out of overflow ... and i play on Desolation.
    Oh the irony that the server that is not desolate is called Desolation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast