Need a decent gaming pc build with a budget of $800

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Need a decent gaming pc build with a budget of $800

Hey all I'm looking for a good/decent gaming computer build with a budget of $800 ($900 AUD max) that'll run most games fine without lag (of course not on max settings with the budget, that would be great though!) but anything should be fine as long as it can multi task and play most games with a decent framerate and on average settings then I'll be happy. I don't plan to overclock, just need a new computer to play games such as WoW and other LAN/new games with my mates.

I've also already got a tower which is the Phantom NZXT --> http://www.nzxt.com/uploads/product_...phantom_05.jpg (picture of it) and already got a legit Windows disc so there's no need to add a OS to the list. Not sure if having that tower will make any difference with the motherboard not fitting etc, could any of you guys that are knowledgeable within the tech department give me a heads up? I'm a total newbie when it comes to computer parts etc etc. Nonetheless thanks guys. Looking forward to your responses.
    Last edited by hahabc1234; 01-14-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

A Shrubbery Reputation: 141

Your budget is only AUD right? Do you have any sites that you'd prefer I use for the parts list? It's a good thing you have a case and windows already. That case is so pretteh.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Any site is fine, preferably newegg.com and yep AUD $800-900

@TuxedoSam: Will that run most games fine with a decent framerate? I have no idea if those parts are good or not, like I said I'm a totally clueless when it comes to computer parts :x
    Last edited by hahabc1234; 01-14-2014 at 04:53 AM.

I don't think Newegg ships to Australia. :S

Ah my bad, well I guess any website would be fine then as long as they ship to Australia, I guess.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 141

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($139.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($115.00 @ CPL Online)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4G DDR3-1866 Memory ($105.00 @ CPL Online)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($229.00 @ CPL Online)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($0.00)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.02 @ Mwave Australia)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($22.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Total: $798.02
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 17:57 EST+1100)
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

^

Hey Phanein, thanks for the reply. Does it get any better than this with a budget of 800? I'm willing to spend a bit more money ($900) if there are better parts to make the build better. Again thank you for replying and sorry for the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by hahabc1234 View Post
    ^

Hey Phanein, thanks for the reply. Does it get any better than this with a budget of 800? I'm willing to spend a bit more money ($900) if there are better parts to make the build better. Again thank you for replying and sorry for the questions.
    Honestly, you don't really need any better parts. If there is a difference at all with an extra $100, it's probably not very noticeable, if at all.

Haha yeah, sorry. I made this thread for a mate cos he is looking to build a computer rig so he's quite fussy hahaha, but I'll take your word for it. Thank you TuxedoSam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast