Thread: Maybe Tera?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Maybe Tera?

At last time I've heard a lot about Tera. Is there any reason to try it now or better to wait for upcoming MMOs?

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22

Well I got a tip for every one out there who ask is Tear good or shall I wait or shall I play GW2. Teas is FREE TO PLAY bloody download it try it if u hate it you hate it if you love it you love it just try it and making 100 post about wont tell you anything.

and I mean it to every one who asks.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 76

Tera is all other than a mmorpg,lets call it MMO,Genrric browser based quests in Unreal 3 non target ? noty

I prefer good target mmorpg than cheap non target

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52

Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    Well I got a tip for every one out there who ask is Tear good or shall I wait or shall I play GW2. Teas is FREE TO PLAY bloody download it try it if u hate it you hate it if you love it you love it just try it and making 100 post about wont tell you anything.

and I mean it to every one who asks.
    This...

If you don't like TERA then look to find someone who has GW2 to test it's waters or buy it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 53

Why is it so hard these days to download and just try the game instead of making countless of same topics over and over again .

RIP Xfire

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

Although I agree, I feel that it's fair to ask considering TERA is like 30 gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    This...

If you don't like TERA then look to find someone who has GW2 to test it's waters or buy it yourself.
    I have GW2 and Tera I like em both but it was not my inention to diss them or seam angry itīs just I rather want every one to get there own opinion rely well can be hard if your not ready to pay for GW2 kinda sad they donīt have trial or so. Yes ofc you can always ask what people think but getting your own opinion about a game movie or what ever is always the best in the end. Allot of people told me the new Riddick movie sucked well in my opinion after watching it I liked it not the best one but I still like it.

Maybe I should have said so from the start im sorry.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Sharki3ait View Post
    Although I agree, I feel that it's fair to ask considering TERA is like 30 gigs.
    You're correct here, not everyone has either a really fast connection or they have a data cap so "trying" a game really can be a burden to some.

And can somebody tell something about gameplay, quests, pvp and other things in Tera.
    Last edited by Dea3Zong; 01-15-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dea3Zong View Post
    And can somebody tell something about gameplay, quests, pvp and other things in Tera.

Well game play is well action combat based like if you don't aim on the monster u miss you have a few classes, Archer,Warrior,Lancer,Sorcerer,Berserker,Mystic,Pr iest,Slayer.
    Here are some class info http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/classes

Quest are plenty but you have a dead zone somewhere around level 30+ if they have not fixed that yet at least not in EU last I played month ago.

PVP im not 100% on more than battlegrounds wich is fun team vs team pvp.

Well im not great at this but here some info I know itīs from US but mostly the same as EU info expect EU is alwyas like way way behind US and Korean version.

http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Quote Originally Posted by tihi85 View Post
    Why is it so hard these days to download and just try the game instead of making countless of same topics over and over again .
    This is a pretty fair point.

If thats the case go watch streams, yes believe it or not people do stream Tera, hell theres people that have been streaming the new elin class for a few days now.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

PvP is fun. Open world pvp on pvp servers (you're missing out on this if you go to a PvE server), gameplay is really fun, combat is revolutionary. Quests however I felt were very boring and generic and that's what killed it for me. If you can handle the boring trip to cap, It's a wonderful game (or so I've been told).

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 32

Quests suck
    Combat is okay not that fast but it is entertaining
    Graphics are hot! Details are nice and the world is pretty nice to look at!
    Class wise they have a pretty decent selection and they have their own fighting style

It's worth playing if you like actiony games as well as nice graphics. Just be ready to stomach boring quests. That's about all that was wrong with the game :3

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 106

Tera is fun but the usual opinion is that the end game is really unimpressive. From what i hear the end game pvp is imbalanced and there is nothing to do at max level except to repeat the same boring quests.

I hate learning a games system and then finding out i cant enjoy it. I tis like studying for a maths subject which you will never ever evr use in real life ever eevr again. Spend 500 hours understanding a complex maths subject? Yea Tera... then chuck the knowledge away. What a joke.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61

There are quite a few endgame dungeons/raids, so the endgame PvE is good. PvP is garbage in TERA though.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Fat Bowser Reputation: 17

Ill answer like I usually do for threads about Tera. If you do not have state of the art computer, I strongly recommend skipping this game. By state of the art I mean CPU that is something like overclocked i5 running at 4ghz and decent gpu. If your cpu is lacking, like mine (3ghz athlon 6-core cpu), the game is pretty much unplayable when the frame rate drops to 10. Also to point out, this has existed since beginning of the game, so it is very unlikely they bother fixing the fps drop caused by UI. The fps starts sinking somewhere around lvl 40+ dungeons

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 53

Quote Originally Posted by Norsu View Post
    Ill answer like I usually do for threads about Tera. If you do not have state of the art computer, I strongly recommend skipping this game. By state of the art I mean CPU that is something like overclocked i5 running at 4ghz and decent gpu. If your cpu is lacking, like mine (3ghz athlon 6-core cpu), the game is pretty much unplayable when the frame rate drops to 10. Also to point out, this has existed since beginning of the game, so it is very unlikely they bother fixing the fps drop caused by UI. The fps starts sinking somewhere around lvl 40+ dungeons
    Yup thats the only issue i got with the game.

RIP Xfire

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by tihi85 View Post
    Yup thats the only issue i got with the game.
    Time to buy a new machine

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Norsu View Post
    I was able to run Tera with 4gigs of ram and a 06 dual core processor. Never dropped below 45fps

Quote Originally Posted by BokChoy View Post
    I was able to run Tera with 4gigs of ram and a 06 dual core processor. Never dropped below 45fps
    Did you try doing corsair stronghold or a nexus? Tera is an ok game with amazing graphics, but it lags so hard, and those disconnects most ppl get. I would suggest this game if you like to solo and do some small scale stuff, like 5ppl dungs (10ppl already lags even if you turn of characters so you see only their figures). There is something wrong with their game, as when your fps goes lower, your ping goes skyhigh as well. I never had this problem in any other game. Otherwise it is very nicely made, cute costumes Endgame pvp is all about 3v3, but still I would very much like to see a fraywind battle without having to see a slideshow every time a sorc decides to cast snowstorm or whatever that skill is called.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Know that feel when you download with 20mb/s?

And the last question, how much is population and is it much?

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

If youre into pvp. Dont give this game a try. Its one of the worst.

If youre into having 1 aim, which is farming gear, which means doing instances over and over and over and over and over, then give this game a try. After that, it means for you doing nothing. You already cleared the game when you got max lvl. Theres nothing else to do.

Dont expect open world activity. Its dead there. Doesnt exist. Game is fully instanced in end game.

-> Like mindless gear grind in scripted instances? Play it. It will 100% satisfy you

-> Like to do anything else than the above one? Dont even try. Theres nothing else to do

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61

And the last question, how much is population and is it much?
    It's pretty populated. There's a global chat channel, too.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)