My personal predictions:
- Aura Kingdom Closing (X-legend Won't go back to re-develop games. They never did, nor will they.)
- Grand Fantasia Closing
- Eden Eternal Losing Playerbase Faster
- Aeria Cancels their contract with X-Legend
- Perfect World Shuts Down Ether Saga Odyssey
- EverQuest Next, due to Landmark Issues, is pushed to 2016 or Late 2015 at the earliest.
- Starbound Gets 2~3+ Million Sales After Character Wipes are lessened (Next Major Patch as of This Post)
- Titanfall is Delayed
- Watchdogs Successfully Releases, Multiplayer Delayed due to Exploits.
- Lime Odyssey Developers Listen to Feedback, start a Kickstarter, is funded within a week. Developer decides to host the game themselves and cancel the Aeria Publishing Rights.
- Final Fantasy XIV releases Patches 2.2 through 3.0 or so. Releasing Flight, New Dungeons, And a never-before-MMORPG'd 3D World Map System (Similar to Grandia III) with the added Flight System.
Last edited by coldReactive; 01-17-2014 at 06:50 AM.
I'm genuinly worried about EQN, not that it'll be a bad game, but about what the paywalls will be. It looks fantastic and it's going to be free to play, but to what extent? Will we only be able to go into so many dungeons a day before we have to buy dungeon tokens from the shop? Do we only get a tiny plot of land in Landmark, or none at all? Will their be entire races restricted to cash shop purchases like in EQ2? I'm tentetivly hopeful, but as is my nature eir on the side of caution when a big company says something is going to be "free" e,e
My predictions are a bit strange lol
Aura Kingdom will be a dead game at the end of the year. (maybe even sooner!)
Perfect World will close their first title, which is Rusty Hearts (and this will broke my heart because i totally loved that game!).
ESO will not fail but will not be a huge hit either; just another average game on the market.
Wildstar will be released with very high hopes but after the initial good months the interest will drop very fast and will do the same end as ESO, being just the next average game to try and pass on.
Blade & Sould will be released and will be a great game, though many people will find it hard to play as they find TERA. So will not going to be the huge hit many predict will be. Also is not a game for all the average players (Tera and Age of Wulin sais it all) which will penalize it. The Lyn character will bring back the argument about the kid sexualization on games, which will agan not play a good card on its favor.
My overall prediction is that no game this year will be a smash hit.
People will have hard time to find a game to stick with. Black Desert will try to be one of the titles that conqueer the so hard to pleased people's tastes nowadays but i'm not 100% sure will be released this year.
Just another bad year for gaming.
everyone is playing warlords of draenor
there's a wolf in my heart
Edit: Speaking of The Secret World, it's 66% off on steam right now if you wanna pick it up! 11$ with no sub fee
I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs
Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. - FarmerM
Follow my writing team at OnRPG.
Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.
Support Pancreatic Cancer Research
I do agree everyone will be playing warlords of draenor.
Even my friends who quit wow, said would come back to play that expansion because it actually looks interesting.
Other then EQN, B&S, Diablo3 Reaper, and Indie developers (Limit Theory, No Man's Sky), everything else will pretty much close or die.
No innovation at all, developers still trying to copy WoW.
Last edited by Felore; 01-17-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Nano.. Nano.. Nano..
"NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"