[Seeking] MMO with group based system and great gameplay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default [Seeking] MMO with group based system and great gameplay

Hi and sorry if I don't post in the good place
    I'm looking for a MMO which match my criterias (or the most) :
    • Great group gameplay : I really loved the FFXI party system where the each party member had a job to do, I don't want to play alone in a MMO
    • Potential free stats attribution : I like to build my character as I want, if I want to do more dmg or tank more etc (Ragnarok is great for that)
    • Potential free skill attribution : as the stats, I want to be able to choose my skills, even if it's class driven
    • No to time consuming : well I know MMO are time consuming but I want to be able to play for 30 mins and also hours

The essential point is to not play alone and no WoW clone

Maybe the MMO I enjoyed the most can drive your answer : T4C (great stats and sandbox system), RO (best stats and skills system), FFXI (best party system)

Thanks for your answers !

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 57

If we're lucky and it comes westward, dude you'd love Monster Hunter Online. It probably won't be coming to us, but a guy can dream :c

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

FFXIV. However, it will become time consuming at later levels, especially dungeons that take over an hour. Unfortunately, choosing a tank means you pretty much have to tank in FFXIV.

I know the company is horrible, but you should try Mabinogi.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

I would 2nd FFXIV if the netcode wasn't such a pain in the ass. If you play as paladin and do Ifrit HM, you will know what Im talking about.
    Relax and enjoy life

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Rift is probably one you'd like to consider, sure it may look generic as all hell but once you get a group going and start leveling it gets really fun pretty quickly.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

• Potential free stats attribution : I like to build my character as I want, if I want to do more dmg or tank more etc (Ragnarok is great for that)
    • Potential free skill attribution : as the stats, I want to be able to choose my skills, even if it's class driven
    ...Not happening <_<"
    Most you will get from stats customization is from picking the right gears. Ragnarok was specially unique in that regards.

Allods Online is the closest to RO character development that you seem to be looking for. You start off with 3 skills, then it's up to you to learn more skills or upgrade existing skills. Same with Stats Allocation. But it's more punishing than RO. (in RO, you can go full STR/VIT, while in Allods, doing so you will not hit a single thing. Allods kind of forces you to balance your stats out a bit.)
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My 3D Character Artist Folio
    ---

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

I wish more games like this existed.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Well teamwork-reinforcing gameplay mechanics are generally frowned-upon by the MMO community, since nobody likes to cooperate... Probably because we are stupid, and can't understand. Take Entropia for example - monsters regenerate ~0.5% of their health every second, and it takes $0.10 to kill a mob. So if you kill it by yourself in 60 seconds then you pay $0.13 and if you kill it with a teammate in 30 seconds you pay $0.115 and if you kill it in ten seconds with a team of six players you pay $0.11 (assuming you have a designated last-hitter so that you don't overkill). Guess what the average (median) group size is? One.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Thank you all for your answers !
    • FFXIV : I have been considering trying this followup(≤) but I wonder if I'll find again THE feeling, I read somewhere FFXIV got a little bit "WoWed" but there are so many point of views
    • Mabinogi : don't know this one, gotta watch it
    • Rift : this one comes regularly when I search on the net, I'm starting to play but since I'm noob, I can't say if there is a difference

As for free stats and skills attribution, yeah, I really don't understand why there isn't much MMORPG like that ! The base principle of RPG is to build a character as you want
    The currents MMO are also missing their prime definition : players play alone ... In a Massive Multiplayer Online game, It's kinda ironic (and sad lol)

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 16

Out of what's been posted so far, I'd go with FFXIV. But if you can wait three years...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-of-the-fallen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast