Is Maplestory still worth playing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Default Is Maplestory still worth playing?

I played Maplestory a few years ago, when you only had the base classes, and i found the game quite enjoyable. now with the addition of all of the new classes, is it still worth playing?
    "Fear & Desire are weapons in my life's pursuit"
    ―Jahan Yousaf (Krewella singer/DJ)

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

I hear work is being done on MS2, although that might be years away from release.

I enjoyed it way back when, although with the cash shop I never really got that much into it. All the cool stuff seemed to be in there. (Also, the EU version was way behind the other versions which sucked)

If its worth playing now, I might give it another go.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiidz View Post
    I hear work is being done on MS2, although that might be years away from release.

I enjoyed it way back when, although with the cash shop I never really got that much into it. All the cool stuff seemed to be in there. (Also, the EU version was way behind the other versions which sucked)

If its worth playing now, I might give it another go.
    That is what im saying. is it still worth on playing or should i just not even bother downloading it.
    "Fear & Desire are weapons in my life's pursuit"
    ―Jahan Yousaf (Krewella singer/DJ)

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

the game now is a spam fest you just spam abilities everyone dies you dont even have to dodge attacks or aim is just throwing huge attacks and killing everyone. you can get level 100 in a week but is way too easy .

Game List Master Reputation: 165

Quote Originally Posted by Narog View Post
    the game now is a spam fest you just spam abilities everyone dies you dont even have to dodge attacks or aim is just throwing huge attacks and killing everyone. you can get level 100 in a week but is way too easy .
    Certain bosses require you to dodge, yes getting to 100 is easy but 250 is not no one has reached it yet. Leveling past 200 is a challenge and if your not funded or certain jobs you have more challenge in leveling up. The game is worth playing I play it daily on G.A.Z.E.D and have my own alliance on there for levels 100+ I am just waiting for the Beast Tamer class to come out on the 22nd really. More classes just means more fun in my view and the original explorers have just been overhauled so it is a good time to come back. Pre Big bang was just to slow and it isn't as fast as it used to be with the removal of party play at lion kings castle,nerfing of jesters and aliens and nerfing of stronghold exp also.
    Last edited by chaoscauser; 01-19-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

If you enjoyed the gameplay before and they've added new content since then, only you can decide if it's worth playing again.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

The general discussion forums make it look like the game is in a state of chaos or something.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

Well, based on the posts it does look like it's still worth playing. Go for it!

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

this piece of shit is always in a state of chaos. nexon can't deal with the bots/hackers so they just roll back if something happens and instead of dealing with problems they just release a new class with a slew of new events that get hacked or exploited. the game is also p2w in "end game" cause u need hammers/boxes to make the best equipment so u can get into parties for bosses and such.
    Last edited by sinfullfears; 01-20-2014 at 03:24 AM.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

no company can deal with botters if they just keep coming back. even in korea they can't do a thing about it because botters make a living out of selling mesos/game gold for real cash having their accounts banned or ip blocked only slows it down a tiny bit.

north korea and china bot in popular games for military funds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast