Eldevin, any good?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 10

Default Eldevin, any good?

So, I played Eldevin for maybe half an hour last night and it seems rather fun. (Felt a lot like the old runescape, with some nice upgrades)

My only concern is the cash shop. Has anyone else played this further than I have and know whether or not the cash shop ruins the game? I wouldn't mind paying for the subscription but I really don't like how they seem to sell gold for real money. I hope I read it wrong, but maybe not.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

I PM'd you about that but I'll post here for others too;

The cash shop in Eldevin is pretty well balanced, there's nothing really pay-to-win in it. You can't buy armor or weapons in the cash shop. It sells things like increased XP gain potions, vanity pets, and inventory slot bags. Basically, stuff to make your PvE life a bit easier, nothing that remotely unbalances PvP whatsoever.

You can buy gold, yes, but the only things to spend gold on are new skills from skill trainers (and you have to be a certain level for certain skills, you can't just buy 1000 gold and have a super-jacked character), health potions, and maybe buying crafted stuff from other players.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

Yeah I've been playing it for a couple hours now and I'm having a blast.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiidz View Post
    Yeah I've been playing it for a couple hours now and I'm having a blast.

great game. without a doubt. only game i spent money on in years. But wait until you need to do dungeons. you will be waiting for hours, and even days sometime. If you are offered a party, please do so and take it because you most likely wont be able to get one again for a good while.

Love the game but stopped playing due to low population. if it ever gets on steam Ill be back though
    Currently playing :Grand Fantasia(yet again...)

IGN: Neclord

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

maybe we can get a guild going..except I'm playing on the Oceana server

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

I did notice the population was a little low. Oh well, it will keep me entertained for a few days at least I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Romgor View Post
    maybe we can get a guild going..except I'm playing on the Oceana server
    lol.. oceana server has like 30 players MAX at peak... you will NEVER randomly run into someone on that server.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Just started playing this after checking out Romgor's sig. It really does have that good old RS vibe while staying relevant to my interests, with the talent trees and all. Currently I'm level 5 trying to get my professions going primarily prospecting/crystal cutting/jewelry, hoping jewelry is a more niche/less populated trade.

I'm probably going to go nuts with the talents and come out with some awkward crud build because I like being unorthodox lol.

IGN Is Niamh, I'm usually on Zephyr (EST server). (not at the moment since Zephyrs having some server trouble, but characters carry over to whatever server so...)
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Just started playing this after checking out Romgor's sig. It really does have that good old RS vibe while staying relevant to my interests, with the talent trees and all. Currently I'm level 5 trying to get my professions going primarily prospecting/crystal cutting/jewelry, hoping jewelry is a more niche/less populated trade.

I'm probably going to go nuts with the talents and come out with some awkward crud build because I like being unorthodox lol.

IGN Is Niamh, I'm usually on Zephyr (EST server). (not at the moment since Zephyrs having some server trouble, but characters carry over to whatever server so...)

goodluck. Also professions are not a good way to make money. sadly the best way to make money is simply AoE grinding/spamming dungeons. due to low populations the demand for crafted items of course will be rather low.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

That's fine, I haven't particularly needed money yet anyway and I'm not interested in any expensive event items or anything. As for the population, it will either rise or the game will die so that's not really a problem either. Now I'm kinda stoked since people may not be gunning professions for those very reasons making grinding them a possible huge investment later as the game updates, especially if I nestle into a niche one.

Thanks for the info.
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast