Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate thread with newbie questions

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

Default Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate thread with newbie questions

Thought I'd continue my newbie questions here instead of in the thread that was more about freaking out in video games in general.
    And so!

1. How the heck do you add friends?

2. What are guild cards for and how do you use them?
    I read something about helping with missions or something...

3. I get nervous about randomly teaming up with people without at least talking to them first when I'm still new to a game, how does the network and multiplayer stuff work with that Cat/Neko character?

Updated!

4. How do you capture monsters? :/
    I'm on my first capturing quest and every time I have em in the trap they stay there a while then break out.
    I had it in a shock trap when it was really weak then it broke out, so I thought I had to hit it more, but after the next attack it died.
    I think I'm missing something...
    Last edited by Lina; 01-22-2014 at 02:56 AM. Reason: numbah fo

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 131

Capturing a monster requires
    the monster is weak: limps, tries to sleep, etc
    a trap that works on it
    and tranq bombs.

Get the monster to limping stage, then trap it, then slap 2-3 tranq bombs in its face->captured.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229

1. Dunno, I have the 3ds version only

2. Guild cards can be picked up by the cat in the port, you can then use the gong at the mission area of the port to select kinda what you want them to kill, you then talk to whatever hunter you got the card for at the area behind the food place to send them out.

3. No cat / neko, you get Shakalakas. You can bring one along in lieu of a person in multiplayer (E.g. if 2 people you can both bring 1).

4. You need to weaken the monster firstly to a certain point, if you have capture guru you'll know when it starts flashing on the minimap. Monsters at the cap HP will limp away when they leave the area and sometimes when they move around the area. If you are doing a lot of damage you might miss the chance to see them start to limp.

After they are weak enough you have to use a trap (shock or pitfall) or (I think) paralyze them (very uncommon). During this time you can hit them with 2 tranq bombs to cap. If they were limping, went somewhere to sleep and they aren't capped after two tranq bombs you can try to hit them since they will regen a little hp when they sleep. Tranq bombs work like other status attacks so the effect lasts a bit of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

Okay, I think I can capture now, thanks guys.
    And for the friend thing I keep hearing there's an online option in the menu, but I don't see it.
    Is there another menu besides the select button?

UPDATE

I finally caught that thing thanks to you guys!
    And if what I read was true then I add friends through their Wii U IDs if I'm adding them before running into them in game I mean.
    Last edited by Lina; 01-23-2014 at 02:26 AM.