Looking for a MMORPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 29

Default Looking for a MMORPG

With a good ARCHER class ( not to be confused with hunter or trapper). I hate traps, I hate summons, I just want a ranged dps class that uses a bow, and isn't complete garbage ( Fiesta I am looking at you ). I would also like the game to be active, and not P2W ( like every Nexon, Aeria Games , etc game).

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Archers usually always come with traps, it just belongs to the class like fireball spells to mages. It doesn't really prevent you from refraining to use them, though.

Also Nexon and Aeria Games aren't really that much P2W. If you consider them P2W then isn't every F2P MMORPG P2W for you? I dunno.

Anyway that being said the following games have fun archer classes:

Ragnarok Online - Has a Hunter but you can always opt to not become a trapper and just go for full direct damage. You can also become Bard or Dancer, then you combine ranged attacking with dances and songs.

Dragonica - Has a pretty good archer class. Hard to play but fun. You can go for many different builds. Trapping isn't actually the strongest build here.

Aion - Ranger class is mostly sniping enemies. You have some skills to stop enemies but they don't work like traps. You just shoot an arrow skill at them that stuns them or similar.

Dragon Nest - Fun to play and has archer class. It isn't the strongest but better than Fiesta's archer.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 29

Hunter =/= Archer

Anyways Nexon and Aeria are beyond P2W, you obviously have not played any of their games in the last 6 months if you think otherwise. Warpportal is just as bad, and I can tell from your post that you haven't played any of the games in depth, outside of RO.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

Ragnarok lets you start as Archer then gives you two options Hunter class that grants you a hawk pet that has a chance to dela additional damage and has traps (you're not forced to use them) or Dancer/Bard (depends on chosen gender) that focuses on dancing/songs but can also shoot arrows.

Tera Online - is free now and has numerous races, the archer class here doesnt have trap or pets i believe

The games you have tried are hardly p2w, you gotta try all the chinese browser games out right now to realize it's not as p2w as you think.
    here are some more

WoW - Hunter

FFXI - Ranger

DAO - Ranger

Skyrim - Archer

Trine 1 & 2 - Archer

Realm of the Mad God - Ranged

Neverwinter Nights - Archer

Guid Wars - Archer

Demon/Dark Souls - Archer

Vindictus - Archer

Baulders Gate - Ranger

Diablo Series - Amazon, Demon Hunter

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

Eldevin's ranger class is crazy OP for PvE, shoots really fast and bunch of skills like poison-tip arrows for DoT, exploding arrows for AoE, spread-shot, uhhh..here look at Ranger's talent tree panel lol

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Quote Originally Posted by KiraMunkey View Post
    Hunter =/= Archer
    You are too hung up on a word. They shoot arrows, so they qualify as archers.
    If you really wanted you could also just stay 1st class archer and try to get it to max level without doing the job change. :-)
    I know some people who actually did that.

Anyways Nexon and Aeria are beyond P2W, you obviously have not played any of their games in the last 6 months if you think otherwise.
    Well, I haven't played ANY MMORPGs at all in the last 6 months, but I played plenty of games from Nexon (Maple Story, Mabinogi, Dragon Nest) and Aeria Games (LaTale, Grand Fantasia, Eden Eternal).

Warpportal is just as bad, and I can tell from your post that you haven't played any of the games in depth, outside of RO.
    I did play all the games I suggested in-depth (just not with archer).

If you think Nexon, Aeriagames and Warpportal are P2W, what are the F2P MMORPG publishers you don't consider P2W?

Of course you always have the option to play P2P and B2P MMORPGs. Ryukiri suggested most of them already.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Also Nexon and Aeria Games aren't really that much P2W. If you consider them P2W then isn't every F2P MMORPG P2W for you?
    only the shitty ones

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 92

er.... just wanted to say that champions of regnum has the Marksman archer class and it is considered one of the strongest killer classes in the game. No pets, no traps, just super hard hitting at range.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by reikken View Post
    only the shitty ones
    *throws Allods at you* Don't call that Pay to Win. I DARE you.

Final Fantasy XIV has a good archer as well. No traps/pets, and getting bard allows you to buff your party / slight heal.

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next ∑ Saving For: PlayStation 4

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

pffft silly legolas, man up and go mage!

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast