Robocraft

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 41

We also need to be able to save blue-prints ._.
    I destroyed my favorite bot to try to make something new, now can't remember how i made it ; . ;

やめてください! Reputation: 296

I had to delete my first attempt at a flying robot because I couldn't find its center of mass, it kept turning and spinning while in air. Upset too since it looked pretty cool. ;_;

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    I had to delete my first attempt at a flying robot because I couldn't find it's center of mass, it kept turning and spinning while in air. Upset too since it looked pretty cool. ;_;
    Yeah I tried making a stealth bomber style of plane. Got it balanced and such but since you cant have both roll thrusters and altitude adjusters at once since you only have one key for downward thrust, one for upward, etc.
    So even though i managed to balance it I couldn't keep it from veering off course due to stabilizer or roll thrusters.

Gonna put the game on a break for now, getting frustrated with how silly balance is after T2.5, holy hell.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 41

Form is in no way functional, it seems only block-tanks and pillbugs are actually going to survive actual combat :c

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 149

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    Form is in no way functional, it seems only block-tanks and pillbugs are actually going to survive actual combat :c
    Doesn't mean you can't make it look good.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 20

been playing this for the past few days... got the biggest gun there is on a rank 2 speederbike using a mix of rank 2 and 3 armor, with a wolf in sheep's clothing cover (dohohoh i made a funny cause the cover is white and i look like a sheep )

Meet the Aegis, my current fun build.
    This one actually works pretty well too.

and the back

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

Haha it looks like a Spartan phalanx formation if the guns were spears

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Romgor View Post
    Haha it looks like a Spartan phalanx formation if the guns were spears
    That was part of the idea haha.

Bumping since the game hjas recieved a number of updates since the thread last saw light.
    Also thankfully form is a LITTLE more funtional. ground units are still gunbeds mostly but thankfully fliers can be a bit more creative.

She's fragile but:
    Can roll out of incoming mortar shots(provided there isn't lag)
    Can in turn fire mortar shots from anywhere
    Fastest in it's tier

honestly my only complaint with wings atm is that they're realllyyyy weak in armor, which is an issue since they're so damn big @_@

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

Started playing 3 days ago. Absolutely loving this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    Actually, this is not true if you are going for damage efficiency. You have to account for bullet collision. Your bullets will actually hit parts of your ship (including other top mounted guns) and not go toward your intended target if you design your ship ineffectively.

The best design I've found is one where the SMGs lie on an inclined plane. The inclined plane side is your main offensive and defensive side that should face your opponent for maximum efficiency. Side and front mounted guns are not very effective because sometimes you will find the opponent is to your side in which case you are not utilizing the guns on one side.

you can test if bullets are colliding with your ship in practice mode, you will see the bullets make white sparks, or if a gun doesn't have an angle for the direction you are firing then that gun will fire at a random direction.

Here is my design:

I set up the hovers so that the front lies closer to the ground and the tail lifts up slightly to give an inclined front.

I tried with wheels, but if you put wheels on an angled block the wheels move in an angle downward which reduces velocity. Also, I was unhappy with the turning radius. Hovers can turn in place very fast which is quite nice.

If I had to redo I would probably pick plasmas instead of SMGs. Plasma cannons OP

Add me. IGN: Geffrey
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 08-24-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123