Something "casual"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Default Something "casual"

Looking for something where I can just take my time and grind/craft/collect random stuff. (I don't know why, but collecting random items in mmo's is addictive)

I had a blast playing Eldevin the past few days, but sadly the population in that game is severely lacking.

Nothing too specific really. Just no "Action RPG" type games. Something where if I want, I can just go and fish for an hour or kill a few mobs or just gather some resources.

Please don't recommend Mabinogi though, I played it ages ago. Wasn't for me.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Damn I wanted to say Mabinogi. =(

Well since you liked Eldevin, how about Runescape?

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 32

WoW- Casual basically defines the current players as well as gameplay. If you can get someone to RAF you then you can hit 85 in 2 or 3 days from just doing dungeons. I tend to just sit in the nearest lake and fish(you can make gold off of this) though just for the hell of it or go and do easy dungeons for greens to disenchant and level my enchanting or I go and collect herbs to sell to people on the auction house. So far I have been collecting a bunch of stuff mainly pets/mounts/achievements/"trophies". :P

I've played WoW off and on (mostly off) since vanilla. I might just return and try out MoP. I haven't heard anything about MoP, as I stopped playing Cata before it came out.

I'll check it out again I guess.

As for Runescape, I loved that game when I was younger and have checked in on it every few months for the past 10 years or so. I just can't play with the Evolution of Combat and RS3. It isn't the game I enjoyed any more. It's also an insane time sink if you plan on getting anywhere in the game and (not sure of the situation now) when you finally do get somewhere, most of the others botted their way there anyway.

When I said "casual", I didn't mean it in the usual sense. I'm just looking for something that has aspects to it that don't always revolve around hitting max level and getting the best gear.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Well, I still think Mabinogi fits best to what you describe...

Second Life maybe?

Too bad Glitch shut down.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiidz View Post
    When I said "casual", I didn't mean it in the usual sense. I'm just looking for something that has aspects to it that don't always revolve around hitting max level and getting the best gear.
    hmm.. did you already consider Lotro?

for crafters and casual adventurers it really is a very complete adventure. fishing, wander around, join in the roleplay, make and play your own music in game as a bard, go watch wars etc... i feel it is a sort of western mabinogi.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Yeah Runescape and Mabinogi and WoW are pretty good.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

I don't think I've ever actually played Lotro. I'll install it too.

Second Life was an awesome idea, although there are way too many weird people on there. (Also my internet can't stream the content fast enough)

Dunno why, I just didn't like Mabinogi.

Thanks for the suggestions, now for the painfully long download times ;(

If anyone is playing lotro or WoW and is interesting in playing with me, send me a PM. I don't need a RaF for WoW, I've already got an account with most expansions.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

El Devin is great, you can play it from anywhere as its browser based. If you have a decent computer that can handle it, I'd reccomend Elder Scrolls Online. It's coming out fairly soon.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast