SOE Closing Down 4 Games [Vanguard, Free Realms, Wizardry, Clone Wars]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...down-four-mmos

They explain their reasoning for each game in this article.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Wizardry closes cause of permadeath , players kept a long distance away from it cause of that .
    You want a game where your spent time in the game also means that the progress you made with that character is permanently saved , not fear of every pker and mob that could kill you and loose everything .
    Last edited by Seya; 01-25-2014 at 02:33 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    Wizardry closes cause of permadeath , players kept a long distance away from it cause of that .
    You want a game where your spent time in the game also means that the progress you made with that character is permanently saved , not fear of every pker and mob that could kill you and loose everything .
    the perma death was nearly inposible, my resurection chances were always 98-100% unless i was caught by a walker on the way back to the revive statue, but even if u did get caught u could just give up one of hundreds res% chance boosting items u have looted uptill then. and even if u did fail the first res attempt u got another 1. the pvp corpse looting was the same, the better ur items were, the longer it took for another player to access your loot on your body, so long even that u could have resurected like 5 times in the time it took for them to loot u

Currently Playing: Dragons Dogma

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14

Theres still that chance and that's what people feared. Especially if you put money into the game.
    Currently playing :Grand Fantasia(yet again...)

IGN: Neclord

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

atleast we get some form of refund..
    We want to offer our Wizardry Online players some exciting options to continue as members of our SOE gaming family. We are therefore pleased to announce that we will upgrade all Wizardry members to SOE All Access status from April 2nd until the game sunsets, on July 31st, 2014, and hope that you will have a chance to experience and enjoy all of our games with full member status, including EQN Landmark. When Wizardry sunsets, if you’d like to keep playing with with us, simply renew your All Access membership and play on!
    Unfortunately, as the Wizardry Online Marketplace is no longer under development, Wizardry players will need to log into another eligible SOE game to claim their monthly SC grant. The 10% discount on Marketplace items will not apply to items in the Wizardry Marketplace either, although members can use it on purchases in all other eligible games.
    After the sunset of Wizardry Online, all Station Cash will remain in your SOE wallet, and can be spent in any eligible SOE game.
    If you have any game time remaining on your Wizardry Online account at the time of sunset, it will be applied on a prorated basis to your new SOE All Access account.

Currently Playing: Dragons Dogma

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Wizardry? Nooooooooooooooooooo! :-(

Edit: But I can see how permadeath and PK made that game unpopular. I really want a Wizardry MMO, but it should probably focus on clearing complicated and huge dungeons rather than permadeath.
    Last edited by Rya.Reisender; 01-25-2014 at 08:20 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    i think its best to only play games which are run for love rather than money.
    The ones run for love rather than money are the ones usually closing down.
    See Glitch. It's sad just reading the closing statement.

Game List Master Reputation: 165

The only one I am surprised about closing is Free Realms really the only down side was the restrictions on free users.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

They did tease that the next thing will be for Star Wars Galaxy fans though O o'
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

They did tease that the next thing will be for Star Wars Galaxy fans though O o'
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast