Wakfu fully F2P

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Dawn View Post
    I just looked at a video that said you can attack any player at any time but there are consequences, one being if someone kills you (as an outlaw) you go to jail. Then you can serve out your term, or you can escape. Bandits/Outlaws also have access to different gear, etc.

Is that for the American version only? If so I might have to get into that one because that sounds amazing, and 6 bucks a month is peanuts.

Anyone able to confirm what I saw? I'll edit with a video link (IGN totally safe).

No need to edit, just found it. God DAMN that sounds awesome.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/14...stem-explained
    I am a very big proponent of the game, but let me just say it's really not as awesome as it sounds. Not many people actively participate and it's so unrewarding that you'll be hitting yourself over the head. Yes, if you attack players over and over again you'll become an outlaw, meaning anyone can attack you and gain honor by killing you. If someone kills you and you go to jail, it's quite mundane. It's been awhile since I've participated in PvP, but from what I recall you can just pay a minor fee and get out right away, or serve out, I think 20 minutes, and then go free.

As far as access to different gear, after gaining enough honor, which is maybe a few fights, you can obtain the guard costume, which gives you 20% extra damage in PvP. This may sound nice, but it doesn't apply to PvM and quite frankly, you'll want to use the equipment slot where the guard insignia goes for an emblem, which actually does affect PvM.

That being said, I'm not sure what type of PvP limitations there are on the Asian server.

Either way, I'd still say try the game out and see if it's your thing, but just know that PvP, unfortunately, is not a big part of the game right now. Having played the game on and off for years, I can say that you will run into the occasional PvP tournament hosted by a guild or group of people, but those are far and few between, and understandably so. This is mainly because they're so difficult to organize and maintain.

If you have any other questions let me know.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    I'm apparently so terrible at the game I can't even get past the final fight of the tutorial...Or the first fight you'd realistically get into if you skip the tutorial...Siiigh.
    I think you're doing well, actually
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    I'm usually not at fault, so I don't normally have the opportunity to apologize.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    Have you guys seen the Feca revamp notes! My god they look amazing! I'm definitely rerolling my Eni to Feca once changes are implemented. I'm glad to see that the devs are finally getting the picture and scaling some % passives with lvl. Certain passives in the game that give % damage mean nothing endgame where each piece of gear can give 30%+ damage.

http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/commu...ss-revamp-feca
    glyphs last 2 turns, and do super weak damage
    not looking forward to it

but on the plus side, you don't burn through all of your WP in 2 turns

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by BetaGods123 View Post
    I am a very big proponent of the game, but let me just say it's really not as awesome as it sounds. Not many people actively participate and it's so unrewarding that you'll be hitting yourself over the head. Yes, if you attack players over and over again you'll become an outlaw, meaning anyone can attack you and gain honor by killing you. If someone kills you and you go to jail, it's quite mundane. It's been awhile since I've participated in PvP, but from what I recall you can just pay a minor fee and get out right away, or serve out, I think 20 minutes, and then go free.

As far as access to different gear, after gaining enough honor, which is maybe a few fights, you can obtain the guard costume, which gives you 20% extra damage in PvP. This may sound nice, but it doesn't apply to PvM and quite frankly, you'll want to use the equipment slot where the guard insignia goes for an emblem, which actually does affect PvM.

That being said, I'm not sure what type of PvP limitations there are on the Asian server.

Either way, I'd still say try the game out and see if it's your thing, but just know that PvP, unfortunately, is not a big part of the game right now. Having played the game on and off for years, I can say that you will run into the occasional PvP tournament hosted by a guild or group of people, but those are far and few between, and understandably so. This is mainly because they're so difficult to organize and maintain.

If you have any other questions let me know.
    Still sounds awesome being able to attack anyone you'd like.

But anyway, is there at least dueling in the Asian one? And can someone give me a few pointers. It seems like there's no quests. Is it just grinding mobs? I don't mind if it is just wanna know. I do have one quest where I have to plant wabbits but I've already done like 30 of them and nothing says I'm finished.

Also can someone invite me to guild? I can't guarantee I'll be super active but I will play it as a secondary and maybe primary mmo in the future.

Also it didn't let me choose a class, is that a restriction or a tutorial thing? And is there healers? Are they good at dueling if thre are duels?

Thanks in advanced!
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM. Currently doing most endgame content.

Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger and counting...

Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons and counting...

Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS, and counting...

• ^Currently Active - Semi-Active^

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

Message me ingame, IGN: Oblivion, if you need an invite. If I'm not online, message Aeon Samson, Tonphon, or Krow for an invite.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

Edit: Never mind, found it.

Edit 2. This game certainly has a steep learning curve. Fortunately oblivion has saved me a lot of trial and error. He's a good dude give him reps. I have to say , this games pretty great and this is coming from a very critical person when it comes to games.
    Last edited by Adam Dawn; 02-09-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM. Currently doing most endgame content.

Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger and counting...

Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons and counting...

Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS, and counting...

• ^Currently Active - Semi-Active^

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by reikken View Post
    glyphs last 2 turns, and do super weak damage
    not looking forward to it

but on the plus side, you don't burn through all of your WP in 2 turns
    I was looking at the more supporty skills. Crashing wave creates an absorb shield with temporary health is cast on ally's armor. If cast on enemy armor it absorbs 70% of the damage they deal! Steam also creates an absorb shield glyph. Belligerence recuses damage taken by an ally by 50%.

We also see the first ever provoke in the game in the form of Belligerence (if cast on self).

Ofcourse he can add huge damage to allies with Inversion for easier fights.

Feca can very effectively play either a tank if they focus on the earth tree or a support (eni replacement) if they focus on water. While they can't heal they are more absorb shield based. If you are familiar with Rift classes his skills kind of look like Purifier (my favorite healer soul) as opposed to Sentinel which is the classic healer like Eni.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 02-09-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

This game sounds great, and I really want to play it, but I just can't get past the first starting area without feeling bored.

Could someone recommend me a class to play, and maybe guide me through a bit of the game? :< I just stumble over myself to much it would seem....

My IGN is Sullisaur, I'll be online all day hopefully someone can help me <3

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    I was looking at the more supporty skills.
    [...]
    Feca can very effectively play either a tank if they focus on the earth tree or a support (eni replacement) if they focus on water.
    yeah
    tank feca buffed immensely. damage feca nerfed into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by sullisaur View Post
    Could someone recommend me a class to play, and maybe guide me through a bit of the game? :< I just stumble over myself to much it would seem....
    depends on what you like. they're all pretty unique

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by sullisaur View Post
    This game sounds great, and I really want to play it, but I just can't get past the first starting area without feeling bored.

My IGN is Sullisaur, I'll be online all day hopefully someone can help me <3
    I pmed you and you weren't on.
    We have just about all classes filled on the guild with the exception of eni and rouge

Quote Originally Posted by reikken View Post
    yeah
    tank feca buffed immensely. damage feca nerfed into the ground
    To be fair, Fire feca's were slightly op. Considering Kalisia was almost able to solo a dungeon at the same level as her.
    Last edited by Heartyace; 02-09-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    I'm usually not at fault, so I don't normally have the opportunity to apologize.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast