Wakfu fully F2P

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 56

I have a problem , i'm in the tutorial stage where you have to kill the black bunny and you need to use the "lock and dodge" system . The problem is i understand it but i dont know how to use it , i mean you have to attack and then move or what ? sometimes i see 95% chance to dodge in some tiles but even when i move there i still get hit , what i'm doing wrong ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_switch_css View Post
    im stealing internet from the guy downstairs.. sometimes he gets mad and hits the ceiling with the broom unsecure wireless FTW!

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 35

dont worry about lock and dodge right now. just kill it asap. the pink bunny heals it btw. lock is when 2 people are on tiles next to each other and the percentage u see(dodge) is the chance u will get to move without being locked. if u try and move and u are locked ur turn instantly fails. dodge in this game doesn't mean u don't get hit. there is really no way to miss hits in this game.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    dont worry about lock and dodge right now. just kill it asap. the pink bunny heals it btw. lock is when 2 people are on tiles next to each other and the percentage u see(dodge) is the chance u will get to move without being locked. if u try and move and u are locked ur turn instantly fails. dodge in this game doesn't mean u don't get hit. there is really no way to miss hits in this game.
    Except for critical failures, but those are so damn rare.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    Except for critical failures, but those are so damn rare.
    but that's not missing an attack since that's literally ur skills failing.

Ok. I completed the tutorial ignoring all the lock and dodge shit but i can't stop thinking "what's the point of this system?" , so far mobs never try move away from me so they never get lock and instant end their turn. In the other hand a few times i totally forgot about it and tried to move to place myself behind or in the side a mob to cause more damage , ending my turn and just making the fight more long.
    Maybe im missing something or didn't play long enough but again , what's the point of it ? Are there some skills that make a good use of the lock system later in the game ?
    im stealing internet from the guy downstairs.. sometimes he gets mad and hits the ceiling with the broom unsecure wireless FTW!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Quote Originally Posted by matiasdk View Post
    Ok. I completed the tutorial ignoring all the lock and dodge shit but i can't stop thinking "what's the point of this system?" , so far mobs never try move away from me so they never get lock and instant end their turn. In the other hand a few times i totally forgot about it and tried to move to place myself behind or in the side a mob to cause more damage , ending my turn and just making the fight more long.
    Maybe im missing something or didn't play long enough but again , what's the point of it ? Are there some skills that make a good use of the lock system later in the game ?
    Mobs do try to move away from you if they have a reason to. But they won't blindly run away if it will hurt them in some way. Dodge is needed if you require range to attack and lock is how tanks will keep mobs in place so they don't go after others. Anywho, IGN?

darkpuppet.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

Also there are many skills in the game designed(more or less) to break a lock without you needing to do a dodge. These are your knockback and teleportation skills. The drawback is you have to waste a portion of your ap for that turn to do this. Some classes like scarier or pandawa can reposition allies or enemies so that allies dont have to waste ap during their turn to avoid a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    Also there are many skills in the game designed(more or less) to break a lock without you needing to do a dodge. These are your knockback and teleportation skills. The drawback is you have to waste a portion of your ap for that turn to do this. Some classes like scarier or pandawa can reposition allies or enemies so that allies dont have to waste ap during their turn to avoid a lock.
    That make sence i was wondering why the warrior have that teleport 2 grids skill , didn't thought about it

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 87

Quote Originally Posted by matiasdk View Post
    Lock's the stat that tanks want to stop ennemies from going away from them to attack their allies (that way tank can ''melee lock'' some type of monsters), there is no ''aggro'' in this game.
    (some enemies even try to move at the start of their turn and lose it)

I would not pay much attention to lock unless you're some kind a tank

Some monsters though have the ability with spells to push you back or move themselves (so they ignore lock)

Dodge is simply the opposite stat, negating your enemy's lock so that you can run away easier if you ever have to, or switch target.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 02-24-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast