Thornefall

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

At the very least, it's using Runescapes assets. I'd bet all my monopoly bucks it's just a highly customized private server. :/
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

A lot of private servers for various games have potential, make revenues, and are hugely-popular. Nothing wrong with a private server... Unless you're posting about one on OnRPG, in which case, I believe it's against the forum rules.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    A lot of private servers for various games have potential, make revenues, and are hugely-popular. Nothing wrong with a private server... Unless you're posting about one on OnRPG, in which case, I believe it's against the forum rules.
    Oh I Have absolutely no problem with private servers. The Issue I have is the fact that they are saying that it is 100% theirs. I cant stand thief's!

I wonder if Jagex has even seen this?!?

やめてください! Reputation: 296

I haven't played RS in years so even though I notice similarities I can't be entirely certain it's an actual private server. If someone can show me actual proof that it is indeed a RS private server I'll be sure to close this and any other threads that pop out.

Runescape

"Their Game"

Not only the pictures I found why are all the topics in these locations...
    Runescape Fan Site
    This one Caught my eye...
    Moparscape
    Which is a Forum for a private server emulator...

Need I Say more?

By the way, I didn't just only post the sites I found the advertisement on that looked suspicious, but these are the only sites that pop up period...
    Last edited by vaaron; 01-26-2014 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Kept Finding New info...

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I agree with you, it does look very suspicious although it's just about as close to Runescape as WoW is to GW2.

There are multiple differences from Thronefall and Runescape, It's most likely associated with Private server sites because it is a Runescape inspired game and possibly the first to get this far. Of course I can't prove if their engine and tools are theirs or not and to be fair I couldn't care less that's up to the developers to decide whether they're trying to fool others or they're telling the truth and if they are trying to fool everyone it sure will be found out at some point.

A friend showed me this game the other day and it looked really great to me although on first site I was convinced it was a Private server and I had the same discussion with my friend, I haven't played Runescape in a long time and from comparing Images from todays Private servers and the official Runescape to Thornefall there are some unique differences the graphics and models certainly aren't 1 - 1 but are very similar, it seems the developers lacked creativity with trying to create their own building looks and just tweaked from what Runescape already had although look at other MMO's and compare their buildings and FPS games such as Ace of Spades and Guncraft and Minecraft.

Also here's another game that looks rather similar to Runescape:

Comparison of Games

GunCraft:

Ace of Spades:

Build and Shoot:

It's just difficult to tell whether this is the same game until someone is able to actually play the game or see what language the Client is programmed in, if it's not Java it's clearly their own client although the Characters and terrain do look similar.
    Last edited by Cee; 01-26-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Ok I knew this was going to come up because ive read through the series of forums on other sites and all the advertisers have mentioned the same things...well lets see it this way. Yes Guildwars2 and wow do look similar, but the thing that shows from thornfall and runscape are...They have the same textures, models and even animations...come on GW2 and WoW at leased have different animations and textures...And as for all the Voxel games you posted, That's the game style...Voxel...look it up sometime. There is no such things as a runescape game type...that would be runescape.....

Quote Originally Posted by vaaron View Post
    Ok I knew this was going to come up because ive read through the series of forums on other sites and all the advertisers have mentioned the same things...well lets see it this way. Yes Guildwars2 and wow do look similar, but the thing that shows from thornfall and runscape are...They have the same textures, models and even animations...come on GW2 and WoW at leased have different animations and textures...And as for all the Voxel games you posted, That's the game style...Voxel...look it up sometime. There is no such things as a runescape game type...that would be runescape.....

You can check out some of the development pictures there, the textures are just low-poly textures it's not really hard to make something similar, the only textures I can see that are the same is the grass and the paths, it's clear the trees are different, leaves are different, houses are different, it just looks similar.

Runescape doesn't have snow anywhere near the same and if it is a Private server then it's the most highly developed private server ever created since I've never seen a private server edit the trees differently and create a new animation for cutting trees and then create an animation for the falling tree. The developers are quite obviously highly associated with Runescape and want to put some competition out there, I don't agree with making it so close that it looks like it and I agree it certainly does need some changes although these pictures are from 4-6 months ago and a lot can change in such a short period of time.

The NPC's and walking animation is completely different than Runescape, look at the dragon for example, I've never seen a Dragon look like that in Runescape, it's obvious a lot of hard work has been put into this game and the developers considering there is only two of them deserve a well done.

As I said the only way we'll know if it's a rip off is when we can play the game.

Let me show you something...

Runescape Mapeditor 3

Not to hard to change the maps....If it uses the same code...Its illegal...

Quote Originally Posted by vaaron View Post
    Let me show you something...

Runescape Mapeditor 3

Not to hard to change the maps....If it uses the same code...Its illegal...
    Yeh and as I said that's the developers problem.
    I just found a game which looked half decent and sort of like Runescape a game which I'm familiar with from years ago.
    Although from the Gallery pictures of when they show the Map editor they're using it looks nothing like the one you just showed me.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to claim someone's code especially a big companies code as your own.
    But that's down to the developers of the game...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast