Thornefall

Hybrid View

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Thornefall

I discovered this game recently and personally am really intrigued by it, it seems great although is currently still in development although according to the developers there is an upcoming BETA testing stage.
    The only thing the game currently lacks is a decent community on the forums, it'd be nice to give this game a bit of hype.

I would recommend checking it out here:

Thornefall.com

Night time

So what do you think, does it have any potential?

Last edited by Cee; 01-27-2014 at 04:48 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

does the game have potential?
    yes, it's called runescape.
    Last edited by WerewolfX; 01-25-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    is this a runescape rebuild?
    the models look almost 1-1,
    Apparently no, I don't think it's the same language at all. It uses their own Engine and tools.
    I definitely think it's in some way related to Runescape in the way most MMO's these days are all similar to each other.

You can tell that there are quite a few difference between the shape of the characters from Thornefall & Runescape.
    I think this is possibly why I'm interested in it, I was a big fan of Runescape back in the day but it's certainly not a rebuild but perhaps inspired by Runescape just like WoW and most other MMO's out there.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post

I discovered this game recently
    I think of this as advertising a/your game, being your a first poster I can only see it that way.
    The game seems darkened for a reason and the way its delivered isn't impressive either.

If it was mine I would be pretty happy to claim it as mine considering I wouldn't have a clue on where to start off on this project, I found out about it and wanted to help pickup the community and hype the game a bit more.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

i saw the combat, and something bothered me. Runescape when you engage a monster, you would kinda slide into place and smack him upside the head. this does the same thing which kinda made me bring it up it's way to similar to be a coincidence.
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    i saw the combat, and something bothered me. Runescape when you engage a monster, you would kinda slide into place and smack him upside the head. this does the same thing which kinda made me bring it up it's way to similar to be a coincidence.
    I certainly see what you mean about the combat and I agree he maps and characters are very similar as well although there are quite a few things from the video that you can see are different, the combat looks the same although it isn't as... Smooth as Runescape's perhaps. The way the characters walk is more like the walking animation of Sims. The tree is animated when cut down whereas in Runescape as it always has done the tree just vanishes and turns into a stump. Shadows dependant on time of day and day/night, this is certainly not in Runescape.

I see where you are coming from and I definitely had the same concerns myself and I actually went on Runescape to compare the two. :P
    It certainly seems different and when it's playable you'll be able to confirm if it is a replica of Runescape or an actual game.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Well see here's the thing...Looks exactly like the engine that runescape used. Ill tell you what. If Jagex sees this you guys are going to have one hell of a law suit on your hands. Especially if you keep saying it uses its own engine. As for this "Cee" I can bet that your first name is Cody...Which is one of the Mod's on your Forum.... Remember Ragezone is not your friend...

It looks really bad when this website is also posted on every runescape and moparscape forum out there....Good One..
    Last edited by vaaron; 01-26-2014 at 01:09 AM.