Help me find a MMORPG that I would like

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Help me find a MMORPG that I would like

I don't know if this is the right place to make this thread and I don't understand anything about MMO's, so I need help xD

Basiclly I wan't to find a good polished MMORPG with good PvP or something like that.
    I played TERA and I found boring having to do quests and stuff like that constantly and I didn't really like the battle aspect even though people say its the best, I downloaded Path of Exile and unistalled because of no mini-map and I didn't like the game overall...

I don't even know what I want xD, I love League of Legends because its very polished and there aren't 5000 skills, plus the PvP is awesome and I like farming to get my items and pwn noobs

This may sound stupid but I love minecraft because of the fact that I can raid and kill people in their house after I farmed all my stuff and the PvP is pretty smooth...

Overall I'd like a game with amazing PvP, good graphics, a game where I don't have to farm all day long (keep in mind I don't mind farming if the PvP makes up for it)..

PS: Oh and I love raiding
    PPS: Has to be free to play
    Last edited by mitrafeio; 01-26-2014 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Forgot a detail

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Sounds like you are looking for open world PvP. If that's not the case, GW2 sPvP is fun even though it's a B2P game. It also has WvW which is pretty crowded during peak hours, it doesn't require that much strategy though since most people will be zerging 24/7.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 72

The best PvP games I can think at the moment are:
    Aion - Endgame PvP is good. It's pretty zergy, but it also has a huge PvP area that you're thrown into at a certain point and you have to be very stealthy or skilled to get through the game, which I enjoy. Also, they have faction based raids in the game.

TERA - I agree, their mid content PvE is dead or lacking. And PvP is worthless unless you're maxed out. Once you get to max level, it's all instanced unless you have a guild that constantly does GvG or you like PKing lowbies.

Guild Wars 2 - WvW is great, solid, and they've improved it. Their standard PvP is also balanced, so you can jump in whenever you want. It's also extremely rewarding if you either want to mainly play instanced PvP or max out and play WvW. You can choose which kind of PvP you want to play and stick with it because the game is designed to accommodate your playstyle.

In terms of farming, TERA would be the most rewarding. The highest tier armor is worth A LOT in their economy. Next would be Aion. And GW2 kind of hands you everything you need if you do what the game says, but it's enjoyable.

I'd say TERA for you if you can get through the content, but you said you didn't like it. Aion and GW2 are kind of at a tie.

***Play Aion because it's free and a new class with new content is coming next week. Buy GW2 if you don't like Aion.
    ||(ノヮ)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧||

Playing:
    A bunch of 2013 games I missed.
    TERA: MT - Qewpid - Inactive
    TalesRunner: Phaun - CB tester - Inactive
    ArcheAge Sometimes

Thanks everyone, im going to try AION.
    I heard about GW2 but I'm not sure if I want to buy it since I may not like it.... I know MMORPG usually have bad PvP's but I just like lvl'ing up and become "OP"

Btw, TERA is really huge (space requiremets) plus you can sidestep attacks and stuff like that, It didn't look like there was much skill but I was probably wrong, and lvl'ing up is sooo boring

Oh I forgot to mention, I hate faries or getting wings or gay stuff like that, it just makes the game so stupid ffs...
    Last edited by mitrafeio; 01-26-2014 at 11:47 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Prime World - a League of Legends clone with city-building and skill-customization.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Prime World - a League of Legends clone with city-building and skill-customization.
    I don't want a MOBA, I want an MMORPG, I just stated League of Legends because of how smooth the game is and only 6 spells instead of 50...

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by mitrafeio View Post
    Thanks everyone, im going to try AION.
    I heard about GW2 but I'm not sure if I want to buy it since I may not like it.... I know MMORPG usually have bad PvP's but I just like lvl'ing up and become "OP"

Btw, TERA is really huge (space requiremets) plus you can sidestep attacks and stuff like that, It didn't look like there was much skill but I was probably wrong, and lvl'ing up is sooo boring

Oh I forgot to mention, I hate faries or getting wings or gay stuff like that, it just makes the game so stupid ffs...
    Personally I dislike these threads because I have yet to see one where OP actually finds a game that he likes, whilst giving very vague examples as to what they like.

Aion has a space requirement similar to Tera btw, which is around 40GB, and you get wings in Aion which you think is gay.

I have a feeling you're not going to like GW2 because you cannot be 'OP', there is no open-world pvp, only structured ones where everyone is the same level to begin with. But if you are into structured, skill-based PvP then yes I too would definitely recommend GW2.

Another recommendation is age of wushu, open world pvp with no classes or levels.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

I think you may want to look at Champions of Regnum.

Some players are looking for an old style hardcore RvR open PvP mmo where there is a challenging grind, and the world is so open and free there is no forgivesness if u die (in the sense that u cant respawn next door). These types didn't like GW2 because GW2 was too easy.

Regnum probably has a stronger reputation for pvp balance than Aion. Aion's pvp iis based more on how long you grind for than on skill, because you can upgrade your gear forever). So if f2p open pvp DAOC-style interests you, then Regnum is a pssible candidate.
    Last edited by queenvoo; 01-26-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Well, I just want a great PvP F2P... I would play Guild Wars 2 but I won't spend any money on it since I may not like it and its a "risk".

Oh and by getting wings I mean, becoming a farie or some stupid thing like that...

I do understand that I'm not explaining myself very well, but since I'm new to MMORPG I don't even know what I like xD...

You can ask me questions or something like that to try to understand what game I would like to play.

EDIT: AION's space requirement is too big (I have to get a new HDD because I only have ~100 GB on this one), I'm going to try RIFT

EDIT1: I'm playing Drakensang Online and I'm enjoying it, looks like I like Diablo style games, just would like with more PvP or something like that
    Last edited by mitrafeio; 01-26-2014 at 11:40 PM.