I need a Robot RPG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Danato View Post
    I saw that page before and they look like pre-made robots that you can only equip weapons and armor on top of the robot (I can be mistaken here)...
    it struck me that maybe you may not nee an mmo to get the robot parts-building rp game u want.

just fyi, there is an old RTS out which is super-unique in the mech building genre. It's called "Metal Fatigue" and it is about the only mech rts out there where you actually design and build armies of your own mechs. In fact, when your mechs fight, you can cut off heads, arms, legs and torsos of your enemy and your mech and pick them up and they can be used in your own army. You end up with some pretty wacky builds made out of robo body parts but it is a fun game. You can even equip your mechs with jetpacks.

The robot style is more anime, but a bit sadly, the game is only an RTS and has land based units. The game has 3 levels of gameplay, land, air and underground. The AI is pretty challenging and the mech battles are pretty spectacular.

OH --- it just struck me that there are very many mmo/rts styled games where you actually do design your own units and send them into battle. Not exaclty robts but they are military units... anyway :-

1) Warzone 2100: public domain now. largest unit creator rts i know of. Triple tech tiers, from tiny tanks all the way up to pretty big robotic spider walker things. The wars in this game are quite hardcore. LAN or internet multiplayer.

2) Sins of a Solar Empire --- i think.. im not sure but the unit level build detail in this is pretty high. You build your own spaceships and go to big intergalactic war. Argh oh well its not robots sry.

If you google "rts games where you design your own units", there are a great many multiplayer games out now which let u design your own units fromt he ground up.

ps -- usually if i have a hankering for robots i play Supreme Commander Forged Alliance on an rts level, or i might try that new robocraft mmo.
    Last edited by queenvoo; 01-27-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 13

Tried Mech Warrior?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    it struck me that maybe you may not nee an mmo to get the robot parts-building rp game u want.

just fyi, there is an old RTS out which is super-unique in the mech building genre. It's called "Metal Fatigue" and it is about the only mech rts out there where you actually design and build armies of your own mechs. In fact, when your mechs fight, you can cut off heads, arms, legs and torsos of your enemy and your mech and pick them up and they can be used in your own army. You end up with some pretty wacky builds made out of robo body parts but it is a fun game. You can even equip your mechs with jetpacks.

The robot style is more anime, but a bit sadly, the game is only an RTS and has land based units. The game has 3 levels of gameplay, land, air and underground. The AI is pretty challenging and the mech battles are pretty spectacular.

OH --- it just struck me that there are very many mmo/rts styled games where you actually do design your own units and send them into battle. Not exaclty robts but they are military units... anyway :-

1) Warzone 2100: public domain now. largest unit creator rts i know of. Triple tech tiers, from tiny tanks all the way up to pretty big robotic spider walker things. The wars in this game are quite hardcore. LAN or internet multiplayer.

2) Sins of a Solar Empire --- i think.. im not sure but the unit level build detail in this is pretty high. You build your own spaceships and go to big intergalactic war. Argh oh well its not robots sry.

If you google "rts games where you design your own units", there are a great many multiplayer games out now which let u design your own units fromt he ground up.

ps -- usually if i have a hankering for robots i play Supreme Commander Forged Alliance on an rts level, or i might try that new robocraft mmo.
    That's a long post, thanks for the suggestions, but you missed one thing, I said RPG not RTS. You're right though, it doesn't necessarily have to be an MMO

Funny that you mentioned Warzone2100 though, I used to play it on PS a very long time ago, and I started playing it again some weeks ago on Linux

Quote Originally Posted by KelstarEntertainment View Post
    Tried Mech Warrior?
    Yes, since its closed beta, but thats an FPS

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

Not an RTS nor an FPS, but you should try Front Mission, Front Mission 2, Front Mission 3 and Front Mission 4. They're turn-based strategy similar to FFTactics, and have upgradable parts, sort-of level system, etc. Front Mission Evolved is an FPS, don't bother trying it.

They aren't MMOs, and probably require a console you don't even own (Since none of them are on PC.)

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Not an RTS nor an FPS, but you should try Front Mission, Front Mission 2, Front Mission 3 and Front Mission 4. They're turn-based strategy similar to FFTactics, and have upgradable parts, sort-of level system, etc. Front Mission Evolved is an FPS, don't bother trying it.

They aren't MMOs, and probably require a console you don't even own (Since none of them are on PC.)
    I actually mentioned it on the description: "Something like a RPG version of Front Mission...", I love the way you can customize mechs, and I would love if they had an RPG version

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

You probably won't ever find one. If you did, I'd love to know about it too.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer

I've been looking for quite a quite a long while now. The sad thing is when I found some games like that, they were already old and they were shut down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12